President Obama apologizing for the

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
President Obama apologizing for the Quran burning

let me make this perfectly clear. President Obama does not speak for this american about apologizing for the burning of the quran, it's a book people. it's a damn book. there are hundreds of thousands of them. why are you killing people because of it. the ones that were destroyed were desicrated by the extremists who were communicating intentions of attacks and more death and destruction, how is this acceptable, but us destroying them is not. also, many many muslims have stated that a burning, burial, or sinking of the holy book is an acceptable way to remove a damaged or desicrated book. so therefore, technically we were doing it right. I have several muslim friends.

My biggest issue is that our president is sorry for burning a book, but no one apologizes for killing people uninvolved in the incident in the name of the incident. that to me is extraordinarily wrong. I do not support this president or his lack of balls to stand for what is right or wrong in this world. everything is about re-election.

how about doing things the right way mr. president. not the political way.

I would like to hear the forum members opinion on this. keep things nice people.

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
politics section

:shrug: uhh, I don't see it in the restaurant list or under the pub? oh ok, I see, it's in smackdown. sorry, I usually don't even look at smackdown. however this is not intended to be a political debate. or religious for that matter. simply put, what do you think is right or wrong regardless of your opinion of the president. although I don't entirely like Obama, it could always be worse. I'm not any political party, I hate all politics equally.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i can't stand the man but ya know what he is the POTUS...he should not apologize to anyone for the actions of others

The NATO commanding general in Afghanistan, John R. Allen, had already offered his apology for the burning of the Korans, ordered an investigation, and issued an order for every coalition soldier in Afghanistan to complete training in "the proper handling of religious materials.

seriously?

sure it's rude but cmon

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
i can't stand the man but ya know what he is the POTUS...he should not apologize to anyone for the actions of others

seriously?

sure it's rude but cmon

One step forward and 4 steps backin Afgahnistan.

sidewinderl

Established Member
Supposedly these were books that had been confiscated from prisoners who were writing things in them...which is the real no-no and correct handling dictates that you're supposed to burn them (as I understand it). So, if true, that means that Obama is apologizing and making us look bad for something we were supposed to do.

The funniest thing about the outrage over a book burning is that this is a country where most of the people can't even read those books to begin with.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Supposedly these were books that had been confiscated from prisoners who were writing things in them...which is the real no-no and correct handling dictates that you're supposed to burn them (as I understand it). So, if true, that means that Obama is apologizing and making us look bad for something we were supposed to do.

The funniest thing about the outrage over a book burning is that this is a country where most of the people can't even read those books to begin with.

maybe it was in the picture form version :rolling:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
You can not bargain or reason with an animal and that's exactly what this country is dealing with.

His is apologizing to animals, period.

Blown 89

Established Member
let me make this perfectly clear. President Obama does not speak for this american about apologizing for the burning of the quran, it's a book people. it's a damn book. there are hundreds of thousands of them. why are you killing people because of it. the ones that were destroyed were desicrated by the extremists who were communicating intentions of attacks and more death and destruction, how is this acceptable, but us destroying them is not. also, many many muslims have stated that a burning, burial, or sinking of the holy book is an acceptable way to remove a damaged or desicrated book. so therefore, technically we were doing it right. I have several muslim friends.

My biggest issue is that our president is sorry for burning a book, but no one apologizes for killing people uninvolved in the incident in the name of the incident. that to me is extraordinarily wrong. I do not support this president or his lack of balls to stand for what is right or wrong in this world. everything is about re-election.

how about doing things the right way mr. president. not the political way.

I would like to hear the forum members opinion on this. keep things nice people.
Judging by some of your other posts I imagine you'd have a problem if they were American flags that someone was burning.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
Judging by some of your other posts I imagine you'd have a problem if they were American flags that someone was burning.

I am a patriot for sure, but I'm not going to kill anyone over it. and indeed burning is an appropriate form of disposal for a flag as well if I recall correctly. I would not be happy about it, but I would be far from murdering/killing/rioting. that's just rediculous.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
How in the world is a civilized society supposed to take seriously a group who believes death is the appropriate reaction to the burning of a book? The sooner we realize this the better.

truefiveo

Established Member
Damn Obama can't catch a break!
I love his humble diplomatic approaches.

Maybe if we had past presidents who did the same.

We wouldn't have to get Visa's go to countries like Brazil.

Worldwide Mutual Harmony!!!!

Bush sucked at diplomacy.

Users who are viewing this thread