Preppers?

savant

Death Dealer
Established Member
Been watching alot of those preppers shows lately and while most come off as nuts i was thinking that it couldn't hurt to throw together a bugout bag. If you were making a 72hour bag what would you put in it?

Machdup1

Established Member
Been watching alot of those preppers shows lately and while most come off as nuts i was thinking that it couldn't hurt to throw together a bugout bag. If you were making a 72hour bag what would you put in it?

Go here to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes:

Survivalist Forum Survival Gear Reviews and Self Sufficiency Articles

Generally, water, food, shelter, medicle supplies, money, guns/ammo, cutting tools, and a bunch of other over priced stuff you will never use.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
It's funny how it's 100% okay for the US military to prep for every scenario but if a civilian does it they're considered fringe. My question is why wouldn't you want to have food, water, and supplies stocked for a 3-4 week emergency? I have enough stocked that I can be a little charitable to a neighbor experiencing hard times or donate to the local food pantry. I have a bug out bag, it's a full framed army backpack. I set it up like I was going on a camping trip, complete with a 2 person tent, water purification, bottles of water, multiple fire starting, freeze dried food, clothes, tools, weaponry, camping stove, minor medical kit, lots of other things.

Last edited:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
It's funny how it's 100% okay for the US military to prep for every scenario but if a civilian does it they're considered fringe. My question is why wouldn't you want to have food, water, and supplies stocked for a 3-4 week emergency? I have enough stocked that I can be a little charitable to a neighbor experiencing hard times or donate to the local food pantry. I have a bug out bag, it's a full framed army backpack. I set it up like I was going on a camping trip, complete with a 2 person tent, water purification, bottles of water, multiple fire starting, freeze dried food, clothes, tools, weaponry, camping stove, minor medical kit, lots of other things.

Prepping for military scenarios do not normally apply to stateside issues.

That said, it is a very good idea to have a reasonable emergency supply of basic goods in the event of a extended loss of various public services. Food, water, meds if you need them and cash are great starting points. Start with the actual needs, then transition to what you want in a emergency kit.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Prepping for military scenarios do not normally apply to stateside issues.

The army now has a special division equipped to deal with civil unrest, deployable to any major city within hours. They know what's coming.

They've had that for over a century now. It's called the National Guard.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
To answer the OP's question:

Medical supplies
Fire starting supplies
Water
Water purifier
Tarp
Fleece blanket
Rain gear
Change of clothing
Energy bars
Dried fruit
Beef jerky
Binoculars
Flashlight
Batteries
Knives-large fixed and small folding
Handgun
Extra ammo
Paracord
Compass
Scanner

This all fits in a backpack and offers enough comfort to extend the 72 hours if needed. :coolman:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
To answer the OP's question:

Medical supplies
Fire starting supplies
Water
Water purifier
Tarp
Fleece blanket
Rain gear
Change of clothing
Energy bars
Dried fruit
Beef jerky
Binoculars
Flashlight
Batteries
Knives-large fixed and small folding
Handgun
Extra ammo
Paracord
Compass
Scanner

This all fits in a backpack and offers enough comfort to extend the 72 hours if needed. :coolman:

you just inspired me to take a 2-3 days winter campin trip!

been a few years since i did that...just gotta find someone to go with me (thats always the hard part, and they will never go again lol)

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
you just inspired me to take a 2-3 days winter campin trip!

been a few years since i did that...just gotta find someone to go with me (thats always the hard part, and they will never go again lol)

I love winter camping. Spent a month 300 miles north of the arctic circle in February living in snow caves. many months in the mountains of the north east. Alas now I live in FL so will probably never go again.

Users who are viewing this thread