Premium Steering wheel install

5.0jake

Established Member
I had a premium steering wheel installed at the dealer to get rid of the horrible base wheel but it isn't straight, it sits very slightly to the left. The dealer service said there is only one position for it to go in and that it's my alignment. :??:
Everything was perfect before the steering wheel was installed...:shrug:
Unfortunately I am not mechanical at all to check for myself. Any ideas?
I love the steering wheel and can live with the slight crookedness if I have to but it would be nice if it were perfect.

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
These arent like some cars where there are small splines on the wheel, its has like 6 or 8 sides so if you put it on wrong its way off.

I swapped wheels on mine and it was exactly where the stock wheel was, its possible there is some variation in steering wheels, anyone who knows what they are doing can just move both inner tie rods a bit and straighten it out without needing an alignment machine..

jbur074

Established Member
kinda OT, but after installing the premium wheel, did any of the buttons work IE the volume button and cruise? or just the cruise like the base wheel?

not sure about how the steering wheel on this car is, but most of them are like a gear that has a male and female end, if its a tooth of from where it was itll be tilted. but then again i may be wrong about this car.

Users who are viewing this thread