predictions on a race

Black99Stage2

Established Member
We have an 03 cobra that dynoed 471rwhp/497rwtq against an 02 GT with manley rods and pistons, 03 cobra crank flywheel and fuel pump and tank, seanhyland blower cams, mac lt headers, dr gas offroad x-pipe, ported heads, pisc procharger with around 14-16 lbs of boost. Not sure on dyno numbers yet will know in 2 weeks . Let me know what yall think the outcome will be.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I'm kinda doing the same thing, except gt is running 8# no i/c so he says, hdrs, gear, exh, drs, what else unknown. He sent me time slip of 12.4, 114's under fairly high temps and high humidity. So I would think the gt ought to go high 11's decent conditions, driver.
I'd say too hard to predict the outcome seems a lot of cobra's with that rwhp are running high/mid 11's. My 02 cent's worth. :rockon:

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Originally posted by Black99Stage2
We have an 03 cobra that dynoed 471rwhp/497rwtq against an 02 GT with manley rods and pistons, 03 cobra crank flywheel and fuel pump and tank, seanhyland blower cams, mac lt headers, dr gas offroad x-pipe, ported heads, pisc procharger with around 14-16 lbs of boost. Not sure on dyno numbers yet will know in 2 weeks . Let me know what yall think the outcome will be.

With all those mods on the GT, it could make 550+ rwhp. It should make short work of the Cobra if the guy is a decent driver.

Last edited:

Black99Stage2

Established Member
Its a P1SC head Unit....The headwork is port cleaning...There is no oversized valves involved...Most P1SC's don't spin much past 500rwhp from what I have seen...

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
From a roll or a stop?

From a stop the tires and driver will make the difference in this race. If you are predicting under 500rwhp for the GT, its gonna be a really close race. The weight and launch will go to the GT with it's solid axle, but the torque will go to the 03.

Sounds like it's gonna be a close race for sure, with too many unknowns to predict whats gonna happen.

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
I predict............you should just race and forget about the hoopla in hypothetical situations. Once again most of it comes down to the driver anyway. So good luck to both cars and drivers.:coolman:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
From a roll or a stop?

From a stop the tires and driver will make the difference in this race. If you are predicting under 500rwhp for the GT, its gonna be a really close race. The weight and launch will go to the GT with it's solid axle, but the torque will go to the 03.

Sounds like it's gonna be a close race for sure, with too many unknowns to predict whats gonna happen.

:thumbsup:
JD

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Originally posted by Aston123
i would think that the GT would probably take the cobra, but not by much. both cars are definitly beasts!

I think this statement is the most accurate. I say 3 car lengths to the 02 GT.

joegt38

Established Member
Come on the GT will have more power and weighs less, what kinda gearing does the GT have and what kinda tires? From what it look like the GT is going to walk all over him. A soild rear on the GT from a dig will help the Gt out very well, with a gear and tires GTs can launch very nicely.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
So far no one has mentioned what kind of tires they are running, boost means nothing if no traction, I do think the gt with procharger could def be better if both on street stocker type tires on launch, at least my exp seeing/ riding in procharger/vortech 5.0 foxes, easier to launch. Really don't see what type of race it will be stop or a roll? What's the scoop?

Black99Stage2

Established Member
Its a race from a 40 roll...GT might have nittos...cobra is stock tires....So far i haven't seen P1SC's breaking the 500 RWHP stage without a bullitt intake and heavily ported heads....This car has minor port work...no oversized valves and stock 2v intake...

kcast

LEO
Established Member
the GT has 4.10's right now and will eventually have 3.55's he probably wont have them swapped out before the race

kcast

LEO
Established Member
the GT will be on DR's and he is picking the car up hopefully by next weekend and driving it straight to the dyno...it'll be from like a 30-40 roll, so the DR's wont be too much of an advantage, but the GT axel is a big help...its gonna be close....

kcast

LEO
Established Member
they are on the way to get the car today, but dyno is closed so he cant get it tuned till next week, keep waiting and checking the post, it will be soon, i think im gonna be camera man...so we should have some good footage.

Users who are viewing this thread