predator's rule

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Don't get it?

This may be a stupid question/comment on my part (I still do not know how a thermos works). What is wrong with Danny Swansons tune? I've looked at some Preditor dyno reports and my torque curve is better, HP hangs in there longer and A/F ratio does not look like a ride at Magic Mountain. What would the Preditor do for me? :shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Don't get it?

Originally posted by BALDSNAKE
This may be a stupid question/comment on my part (I still do not know how a thermos works). What is wrong with Danny Swansons tune? I've looked at some Preditor dyno reports and my torque curve is better, HP hangs in there longer and A/F ratio does not look like a ride at Magic Mountain. What would the Preditor do for me? :shrug:
The predator is like a chip tune w/o the chip which also allows small adjustments to the base tune. I don't think anyone has a dyno tune yet just generic tunes. The autologic chip can have more "tunes" than diablo's two and doesn't require reflashing your PCM, read predator, to run a nitrous tune or 100 octane tune or whatever the case may be.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I'll just use it for monitoring while the smart guys figure out what (and what not) to do... for now.
But, if I could easily get my Swanson tune loaded on the Predator, it would be interesting to diddle around a little.
:idea: Might need to since Juan has those 4.10s and I'm stuck with my stock gears due to my 6 mile commute.
JW

maoun

Established Member
yeah, i decided to stick with stock gears for at least a couple more weeks :) (we're wimps james!)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
The DiabloSport Ford Predator allow the end users to make incremental adjustments. For example, tuners will usually leave TC on for liability reasons. The Predator allows the end user to turn TC on or off at his/her discretion. The OBD-II scanning and datalogging features allow you to detect and monitor information that helps the end-user to determine whether more fuel needs to be added and timing advanced or retarded. Important when arid, summer air cools with the onset of winter.

I am running a custom SoCalDiablo tune which I will be uploading to the Predator shortly. RWHP/RWTQ numbers are consistent throughout the entire RPM range and A/F hovers @ 12.2:1. I will then proceed to verify the tune on the road with the Predator, and compare the results with a wideband 02 readout. Then and only then will I consider my vehicle truly tuned.

Swanson may or may not make the move to Chipmaster Revolution. Until then, a Predator will only serve you as $419.00 OBD-II scanner.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
yeah, i decided to stick with stock gears for at least a couple more weeks :) (we're wimps james!)

That's the truth.
I like the thought of 3.90's. A little more help getting the pig launched, but pleasant 80 mph freeway cruising.
If (when) I mod, that will likely be the choice.
J

stang99

Well, the predator would let you get the speedo right for the gears. I think that you really would be happier with 2.73's. Then you would only need to shift once from 1->2 (about 114 in 2nd @ 7000 RPM). If you need to go faster than 114, raise your rev limiter to 8000 and you could do 130 in 2nd. Get rid of the Autologic chip with the Swanson tune and throw that Predator with a generic tune on it into your car for Sal's day. You'll love it, trust me.

-voodoo central-

Last edited by a moderator:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
:lol: tetge has spoken and it is the truth. btw, i have some 3.27's too if you really want to shift to 3rd. :D

jh and maoun - how's the datalogging capabilities for the predator? is the file exportable to excel or something? can you do feature vs. feature graphing, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread