Predator Vs. Tuners

silverbullet02

Established Member
not trying to stir up anything. my current mods are catback, catted x-pipe and cai. my air fuel ratio is lean at 2700-3400rpm's. going to install the predator tomorrow w/performance tune and wondering if the predator tune will make my air and fuel ratio more consistant or do i have to have tuner do some tuning.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
From other posts I have seen, the Predator does not typically give a smooth a/f line. Some are lucky and get a clean line, most do not.

How lean are you in the 2700 range? You might be safe as long as the engine isn't detonating. You might make more torque by fattening up, but again, it depends on how lean you are.

The Performance tune has been safe for most of us. The Pulley tune is not necessarily plug n' play.

davidmax

Established Member
Drive to AZ. and we will tune that baby into the tuners hall of fame,Dave Smilovic/480-517-4969

cobra808

Established Member
The newer Predators let you adjust your A/F and timing in two RPM ranges

2500 to 4000
4000 to 64??

This is a lot better than the original program which adjusted A/F and timing across the entire RPM range.

Will be updating my Pred with the new functions.

trey193

Established Member
As COBRA said the new version of the predator seems very very promising I may be purchasing one soon!

nuxx

Established Member
The tunes shipped with the Predator can not match the accuracy of a custom tune. Just get the Predator from a good tuner (I use James @ runninwiththedevil) and have them send you custom tunes through email for your Predator.

I used the Diablo pulley tune on my 03 and the results were horrid. From then on I started using custom tunes for my 03 and now 04 and the results are perfect.

There still seems to be some bugs with the 04 tuning / pcm, but as for the 03... it's spot on. My boss Jeff has a Sonic Blue 03 and got his tune from James and made some crazy numbers, not to mention perfect A/F.

Mods : 2.80, tensioner, Predator (w/ tune from James), Borla Stinger, Bassani catted Xpipe, Accufab TB, 9" filter.

Results :
jeffownz.jpg

Now I just need mine to be there and I'll be happy... I have 3 new tunes that fix a little dip I had in the high RPM A/F and a timing retard issue, but am only going to the dyno after the new head is on. The first new tune just went on the car 10 minutes ago. :)
-Peter

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
True that NUXX those are some great numbers your friend and RWTD have dialed in on his car. Like I say the predator is looking promising I will eventually go with it or the new SCT stuff.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Get your predator and take it to a tuner with the software. Alot like RWTD and sending the tune. I am going Sat. to have mine tuned on the dyno and saving the tune so I can flash back and forth when I need warranty work.

Users who are viewing this thread