predator tuning today!

mike5876

Established Member
diablo called me late yesterday afternoon.....said they needed my car before noon to install a predator and put the car on the dyno...guess im the first guy in the world to get one! mike

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I think it goes without saying, but you are now responsible for providing detailed information to your fellow Terminator owner brethren.

Please keep us informed. Good luck!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by mike5876
here is a pic of the predator hooked up to my car...the guy operating the unit is the developer ...pretty cool to see real time data as you drive along
It doesnt store and log for playback does it? Autotap works well for that but the laptop can be a bit cumbersom. Too hard to monitor stuff and drive at the same time :).

All that aside, I got my chip from patrick today, hope to be on the dyno next week. How did the predator work for you? Still running your new tune? Does the predator only take diablo encrypted files or can another tuner use their bin files in it(assuming they are using black chips)?

02RedLightning

Established Member
So whats the deal? When will these things finally be availble to buy? I was going to order some stuff but if these are only a couple weeks away maybe I will wait!! Keeps us posted.

yermo

Established Member
are you running a diablo chip with that? i know that you have the Kenne Bell, would it work to just have the predator and a Kenne Bell without a chip? this is the direction that i would like to go in if it is possible to have a safe tune.

cobrabull

Established Member
i was at diablo on thurs. they said no date yet!!!!!
patrick said they were going to call mike to try it on
his car.i'll try for more info next week!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by yermo
are you running a diablo chip with that? i know that you have the Kenne Bell, would it work to just have the predator and a Kenne Bell without a chip? this is the direction that i would like to go in if it is possible to have a safe tune.

They removed the chip to test the Predator they both do the same thing just in different ways.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
are you running a diablo chip with that?
The predator will be able to hold a "tune file" just like a chip does but with the predator it can be flashed to your EEC without pulling the EEC and cleaning the J3 port.

yermo

Established Member
thanks. would it still be safe to run the Kenne Bell with just the predator. because i figure that when i get to a track i can sit there and in fifteen minutes i can have a "track tune" and the reset it to my "everday driving tune". is that what will be possible?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
thanks. would it still be safe to run the Kenne Bell with just the predator. because i figure that when i get to a track i can sit there and in fifteen minutes i can have a "track tune" and the reset it to my "everday driving tune". is that what will be possible?
The predator alone is only for lightly modded vehicles and I dont think it will be able to make appropriate changes for cars running a small pulley (ie smaller than ~3") or those with a KB at anything over 9psi. If the mods become to extensive you can get a file from diablo (or tuner), load it on predator and flash your EEC and it will be just like you have a chip and can make some small additional corrections with the predator.

One Fast Cobra

Established Member
Well I admire you guys for your perseverance but as for me and some friends we are just going to take the high road. If you catch my drift? Good luck in geting the elusive Predator and let us all know of the pros and cons.
I am going to enjoy my car now!:beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread