Predator tunes

redz_02

Established Member
just wondering what you guys changed using your predators on stock equipment. So far I've just deactivated the rear bank 1 and 2 02's. Then I diactivated the MIL. Tuned for stock 93 octane and thats it. What will shift firmness do and so on.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Me...

MAF +1
Shift firmness MAX
Sline pressure STOCK
Timing -1 (until dyno tune)
Fuel +1 (until dyno tune)
Torque modulation OFF
Shift points all very, depends on your truck wtq and your track times
OBD2 Test OFF

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
redz_02 said:
just wondering what you guys changed using your predators on stock equipment. So far I've just deactivated the rear bank 1 and 2 02's. Then I diactivated the MIL. Tuned for stock 93 octane and thats it. What will shift firmness do and so on.
Don't mess with the shift firmness. Changing the line pressure in the transmission is not a good thing.
If you are looking for firmer shifts get a Valve Body from LFP or Chickenears. It takes less than a hour to install
http://www.chickenears.com/accumulator_main.htm
http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/catalog/searchProduct.php

HalfTime

Established Member
Yes and no for the above post, I'll explain...

Do not incress the "Global line pressure" it over spins the stock tranny pump, and it will burn out.

You can increse the shift firmness with little negative results, it only affects the voltage going to your tranny pump at WOT and that's it. You pump wares out over time by overspinning it, so you do not want to increse global pressure, it works over all the times.

But yea, get a VB to get the shifts you want, and extecd your tranny life and not hurt it at all.

boca ron

Banned
HalfTime said:
Yes and no for the above post, I'll explain...

Do not incress the "Global line pressure" it over spins the stock tranny pump, and it will burn out.

You can increse the shift firmness with little negative results, it only affects the voltage going to your tranny pump at WOT and that's it. You pump wares out over time by overspinning it, so you do not want to increse global pressure, it works over all the times.

But yea, get a VB to get the shifts you want, and extecd your tranny life and not hurt it at all.
+1 global no firmness ok

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I'll be screwing with the firmness as well more than likely. and flipping torque mod off.

redz_02

Established Member
If I add a 6# pulley, can we get it accurately tuned with the predator. Always see
people selling them saying they are taking theyre truck into a new direction.

Think i will be running:

6#
lakewood tract bars
prob. a little more drop, already have beltech shackles.
Lunar boost and air to fuel guage for eye candy.

SVTjetpuck

Established Member
HalfTime said:
Me...

MAF +1
Shift firmness MAX
Sline pressure STOCK
Timing -1 (until dyno tune)
Fuel +1 (until dyno tune)
Torque modulation OFF
Shift points all very, depends on your truck wtq and your track times
OBD2 Test OFF

What is Torque modulation?
OBD2 Test OFF, is this good?

redz_02

Established Member
can you explain adjusting timing, I would guess adding fuel would have to do wiht + = more fuel and - = less. Does lowering the timing mean lowering the a/f ration? Never was much into tuning, just building.

HalfTime

Established Member
Torque modulation... shuts off fuel and spark to 4 cylemders for the shift to reduce amount af heat and whare on the tranny...

Not too sure about the OBD2 test, but with the Predator your SES light will eventually turn on and it'll stay on for thousands of miles in most cases. P1000 code, look it up...

With the Predator timing adjusmants are in + or - in % for global, and deg for low rpm and high rpm.

same with fuel, adding, (+1) is adding more fuel to the misture, makeing your air/fuel ritch

boca ron

Banned
HalfTime said:
Torque modulation... shuts off fuel and spark to 4 cylemders for the shift to reduce amount af heat and whare on the tranny...

Not too sure about the OBD2 test, but with the Predator your SES light will eventually turn on and it'll stay on for thousands of miles in most cases. P1000 code, look it up...

With the Predator timing adjusmants are in + or - in % for global, and deg for low rpm and high rpm.

same with fuel, adding, (+1) is adding more fuel to the misture, makeing your air/fuel ritch
dude slow down this guy gonna blow his shit up.the negative and positive scales displayed in the predator reflect values added to a fuel table,not actual fuel being removed or added,that is why the-(negative) value ADDS fuel as it makes the value smaller,and smaller values equal more fuel in a fuel tuning table. 02config Heater bank downstream bank 1 and 2 =rear oxygen sensor on/off 02config=Turn this off for no rear 02 sensors,this tells pcm that no rear 02 sensors exist,the heater 1 and 2 have to be turned off as well.Spark advance= global spark is actually full points NOT percentages1kto2.5k is percentages 3k to 6k is also percentages. I would advise if you have no way to monitor a/f leave predator base tune alone. Spark advance as well. 02 config. you can turn heater banks off and 02s off thats ok. Tranny parameters= if you want to dial in a little shift firmness thats ok, global dont touch, torque modulation, is debateable but i say leave some in. Leave the tuning to the tuners, or youll wind up getting bad info and blow your shit up, then youll be blameing someone other than the guy in the mirror.

Last edited:

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
I need to get the update for my preditor, as it doesn't have the torque modulation, global shift pressure, or the maf curve adjustment. Anyone know where I can read up on these new features? (mainly the maf curve adjustment) I went to the Diablosport website and looked under documentation, but they only have a PDF of the same that came with mine (the older one). I'de like to find out about the maf curve thing and see if it applies to the setup I have (95mm mass air with 90mm guts)

Jason

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Ya I have the ds downloader and the new update, I just cant find any info about the new features and what they change how it will affect things (like the maf curve).

Jason

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
redz_02 said:
I use their Performance 91 octane no pulley tune on my basically stock (+CAI) truck because in California we can only get 91 octane gas. I also use it to read and clear codes when the "Service Engine" light comes on.

Users who are viewing this thread