predator question?

indycobra

Established Member
I am running the predator tune and my A/F is showing it running really lean across the board. I ran it for 50 secs and every 10 sec. increments i upped the rpm 1000. I am using the LM-1 wideband meter. Will adding fuel correct this problem? Which way do I move the slider on the predator to richen the tune? Left or Right? Thanks!

ralphy1798

Established Member
GET A CUSTOM TUNE!!!!

contact James at www.runninwiththedevil.com and he will hook you up!!! When you bought the predator, you should have gotten a free custom tune, USE IT!!!

to answer your questions...

to add fuel - move the slider to the rich side
to remove timing - move the slider to the "-%" side...

i would recomend going to the lowest timing and most fuel.... then tweak them slowly back to the middle until you see a good A/F on your LM-1

Dont run your car lean for that long, you risk damaging the motor...

indycobra

Established Member
I did contact james at RWTD and he said I would have my tune in 24 hours. That was on Monday Its now friday and no tune. I know he is probably just really busy so im kinda stuck with what I have right now. I learned that the way I was testing was wrong. The car has got to be under load from what I have been told. I did 5 runs and the A/F while at full boost looks much better. It seems to be start close to 12.2 and then gets richer as the rpms build. Sometimes it hits close to 10.5 at high rpm's. I notice spikes in the chart which look like the shift points. Does that sound right to anyone? A custom tune is definetly in the plans, Im not giving up on james yet. Im sure he knows his stuff.

ralphy1798

Established Member
James is a great guy... he'll pull through. Here is some work he did on my lightning, yes the spikes are the shifts... the main gear you want to look at on your car is 4th gear (the closest to 1:1 ratio). On my Lighting this was 3rd...

AF.bmp

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by ralphy1798
GET A CUSTOM TUNE!!!!

contact James at www.runninwiththedevil.com and he will hook you up!!! When you bought the predator, you should have gotten a free custom tune, USE IT!!!

to answer your questions...

to add fuel - move the slider to the rich side
to remove timing - move the slider to the "-%" side...

i would recomend going to the lowest timing and most fuel.... then tweak them slowly back to the middle until you see a good A/F on your LM-1

Dont run your car lean for that long, you risk damaging the motor...

A "free custom tune"? I dont get it. I feel like such a moron for asking stupid questions, but i just generally dont understand this at all. Do they send you some sort of certificate to get a tune and your local performance shop that does diablo tuning? Or is it something along the lines of, "1 free tune at our shop only"?

fubu795

Banned
I bought my predator from rpmoutlet and had james at RWTD right me a tune. He did it for $75.00 bucks. Hes a great guy to talk to on the phone, explains everything in depth, and gladly answered all my stupid questions :). I would recommend him to anyone!

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by notdisturbed
A "free custom tune"? I dont get it. I feel like such a moron for asking stupid questions, but i just generally dont understand this at all. Do they send you some sort of certificate to get a tune and your local performance shop that does diablo tuning? Or is it something along the lines of, "1 free tune at our shop only"?

most places you buy it from will give you one free tune. I have seen some places give unlimited free tunes via email if you buy from them. but most places you do get one free tune. It isn't wherever you go type thing, it is from where you buy it.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Redfiresnk
most places you buy it from will give you one free tune. I have seen some places give unlimited free tunes via email if you buy from them. but most places you do get one free tune. It isn't wherever you go type thing, it is from where you buy it.

Ah, ok, that clears it up now. I was going to buy my predator from RPMOutlet, but now i suppose i should see if the local diablo dealer will do a free tune if i buy from them.

indycobra

Established Member
I bought mine from RPMOUTLET and wished I had'nt simply because their support is just not there. They are like the wal-mart of performance parts the way I see it. Great prices, Great merchandise, just no support unless you talk to George. He seems to be the one thing they have going for them. I would purchase the predator from Amazon or RWTD. They seem much more capable of creating custom tunes from what ive read.

n0xlf

Established Member
I emailed Diablosport and told them that they either need to redo their pulley tune when they come out with the new AMZ1 compatable flash, or give us all free tunes, because I have yet to see an AF off of the stock pulley tune look nice...

They advertised and sold their product geared towards the people that do the simple go fast mods and need a tune, and what they provided just isn't safe...

They haven't responded...

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
The Predator comes with two standard defualt tunes. One for a lightly modded Cobra, i.e. Exhaust, CAI, and another tune for a pullied Cobra. One is called the performance tune, the other is called the pulley tune I believe. It will ork on any car, but the tunes are more conservative. When people talk about buying tunes, they are talking about getting tunes that are geared to specific modifications. This also gets more horsepower, because the tunes aren't as conservative. That being said, I have been running the pulley tune for several months now and have been very happy with it. I havn't tweaked anything and I'm not getting any detonation or anything. The car pulls hard. I do plan to take my car to a local tuner though, that will put my car on a dyno and custom tune my car so that I can get all I can out of my car with the current mods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread