Predator Question

svt2003cobra

Banned
I am thinking of getting a predator, I dont have a pulley at this time im waiting for warranty to run out. All i have is a stinger catback and an FIPK. What would the predator do for me with the normal tune that comes on it?

redsvtcobra

Established Member
If you are waiting for the warranty to run out, forget the predator right now as it will in itself void the warranty.

TenthScale

Established Member
redsvtcobra said:
If you are waiting for the warranty to run out, forget the predator right now as it will in itself void the warranty.
I talked with the dealer specifically about this and they said I can flash the stock back on and then I can either clear all the codes or they can clear them for me and will not be a problem warranty will be fine.

x14

Established Member
It will not void your warranty. You can flash back the stock tune if you have to take your car to the dealership.

The Predator's Performance Tune is design for stock cars or cars with CAI and cat-back upgrade. You will get some performance increase from it. Additional upgrade will require a custom tune.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I got a predator because I got the wideband commander and I wanted to be able to turn the rear o2 sensors off since I put the wideband sensor in one of the rear o2 bungs.

I installed the predator performance tune and did some datalogging with the wideband and found I was lean at WOT in the lower RPM range.. so yes, I think it's beneficial to have the predator.

whtsnake03

Established Member
I got a K&N CAI and Magnaflows. I got the Predator and a tune from James at Runnin' with the Devil. My best on the Dyno was 438 HP. I plan on installing upper and lower pulleys in the future so i thought I would just prepare for that by subscribing to RWTD a little early. I tried the canned Predator performance tune but wasn't real impressed by it.

I have heard mixed stories on the Predator voiding the warranty. Some say Ford can tell if the computer programming has been changed then put back.

beaSSt

Established Member
see the sig...I think it's worth the money. You can also set your traction control to be "off" when you crank the car. This allows you to turn it "on" only when you need it (rarely). Not to mention, you can shut off the O2 sensors when you add the off-road X-pipe :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread