predator pulley size??

04slvr_snake

Established Member
I have a predator programmer, it comes from the factory with a pulley tune. I read that it is for 12-14psi. I also have flowmasters and I'm going to install a o/r H-pipe. I was thinking of a 2.93 or 3.1 pulley. Can I use the tune in my programmer? or I have been thinking of calling James at RWTD?

Any help??

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yes, you can use the "canned" tune that comes with the Predator, but just about everyone here is going to recommend you get a "custom" tune from James, Amazon, Herman, or whoever you feel comfortable with. The custom tune will really maximize the performance you're capable of getting with the new pulley.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Yes, you can use the "canned" tune that comes with the Predator, but just about everyone here is going to recommend you get a "custom" tune from James, Amazon, Herman, or whoever you feel comfortable with. The custom tune will really maximize the performance you're capable of getting with the new pulley.
I agree, get a custom tune please. Thank you in advance. :beer:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
You are going to need a custom tune because the Predator does not disable the rear 02's properly. Go for the gusto and get the 2.8 pulley too. No need to screw around.

ChuckBlowers

Established Member
I just changed pulleys to billetflow 2.93 w/ 4 idlers and used the box tune on the predator. The tune seems to work fine though I am going to get a custom tune asap...I think theres more performance to be had. I need to get on a dyno and check the a/f mix.

04slvr_snake

Established Member
I have been hearing some mixed emotions about James so Amazon or Herman might be options. The reason I don't want to go to small is just timid of the Warrenty. The car only has about 1500 miles and I don't need the dealer voiding my warrenty already

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
If you pulley it, the warranty is shot. The dealer isn't going to care what size pulley is on it. Just get the 2.8, trust me.

svtstan04

Established Member
do not use the predator tune ot of the box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes u run lean get a custom tune and dyno it . i had freinds with alot of 03,04 cobras (well not any more thanks to the box tune that made there car go kaaboom no more car) get a tune from james rwtd and u wont regret it

Users who are viewing this thread