Predator Performance Tune Installed (Before/After Results racing Z06)

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
I just installed the Performance Tune on the Predator. I've got the Bassani Xpipe and Catback.

Here is the first race with the 03 Z06:

Part I

2nd with tune:

Part II

The first thing you notice is the throttle response. The car revs much quicker, and in 1st gear it's harder to find traction. You don't notice it as much going from a roll in 3rd.

Oh well, just have to wait for the JLP CAI and see where that takes me before I install any pulleys.

Joseph

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
This seems to be the problem with Cobra's getting up around 400 horsey's. If I don't drive mine often enough, it can be a challenge determining if the car is running better or worse than before. It's good to have someone to race with for just this reason.

Take for example a couple of weeks ago. I did a tuneup and noticed a slight improvement. That is until I went head to head with a Ferrari 360 Spider owned by someone in my neighborhood. Before he spanked me pretty bad (2 car lengths to 85MPH). I was lucky to run into him again and we went at it. This time however I had almost a car length on him, so now I'm saying... wow...that's a difference. :)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by GIJOEBRUIN
...snip...

Oh well, just have to wait for the JLP CAI and see where that takes me before I install any pulleys.

Joseph

you will notice the CAI helps quite a bit. But the shocking thing, like Miller LITE having 3.2grams of carbs SHOCKING THING will come when you put on a 2.76 and a nice idler set. Z06 will go home and put :(post on his forum:-D

...you will get there, just takes money, time and the desire to dominate.

MJ32V

Established Member
Postban is pullied? Way to go! With all that additional torque, don't forget to get the aftermarket shocks to address wheel hop.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread