Predator or new XCalibrator 2

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
I will either be purchasing a Predator or the new Xcalibrator 2 very soon . My car will be dynot tuned, no matter which one I get. My tuner can dyno-tune using either one of them. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Please let me know. TIA!

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
I signed up for the Amazon dyno-tune in Cali on 06/25, so I need to decide. Tom' can you elaborate on the features that the Xcal has and the Predator DOES NOT?

jimwood

Established Member
I think more people have the predator; therefore, who ever is tuning will likely be more familiar with what works and what doesnt on the predator. If the guy doesnt have as much experience, your may be the guinee pig.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
I got my X2 yesterday. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet though. I like it because it is quick, has all the features of the Predator and will datalog and has an analog input to connect a wideband A/F and then USB out to a laptop. So, it's very easy to data log and then send the file to your tuner. Just like a dyno tune, but without the power numbers. Don't know is the Predator does all this or not.

mlambrecht

Established Member
Just get both and get it over with. If you stop wasting all your time squabbling (s/p) over which brand to get and start getting stuff, maybe someday you will be able to catch up to me. :poke: probably not though. :pepper: :banana:

03DOHC

Established Member
I don't think it matters much since you will be getting a dyno tune. They both appear to have similar tuning features. I noticed on the x2 that you can select different superchips MAF's, which you cannot do with the predator, but if you're getting a dyno tune I don't think that feature is that important. The x-cal 2 is a newer product than the predator. Why don't you just get it? You'll be getting a tune anyway, so it isn't like you'll really need to change a bunch of parameters later.

Users who are viewing this thread