predator for dummies

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
I've been hearing good things about the predator and I have one also. The thing is, the directions book that it comes with doesn't tell much. I am very much an amature when it comes to tuning but would like to know how to check and set the spark and A/F. Is there a "Predator book for Dummies" out there anywhere. Don't want to put on my MAC Air Flow kit with the 95mm mass air yet cause i want to make sure i can get and set everything. RPM outlet told me that with the 2.93 pulley, magnaflow catback, and the mass air kit I should be fine with the Predator pulley tune but i may want to tweak the A/F. Ok........ How? I hooked it up with the live diagnostic and saw a bunch of numbers that don't tell me squat!

Last edited:

imsuperman

Established Member
You can't really tell your A/F ratio by using the Predator. You will need to put it on a dyno for that. I would take it to a place local and have them give you a custom tune on a dyno using the Predator.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Justicem

Try springfield motorsports.........you can get your ride dynoed there............11.5 to 12 a/f..... is where you want to be from what i have seen here....enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread