Predator File Export

Dirk

Established Member
I’m trying to backup my original Tune to my PC to send it to TonyG for a “mail order Tune”.
Tony is asking for a “.ORI” File, I don’ know what I’m doing wrong but I can’t find any .ORI files.

I do have the Predator v.7r12d and went to
Option, custom Tune, Export Tune

On the PC, I opened the DS-Downloader and started the “Get Tune File from Tool.

That way I exported the Extra Tune, which is just a “.frg” without name and the original Backup, which is the “rybe2c6.frg file”.

What am I doing wrong?
:shrug:

pkwest

Established Member
This is from the manual http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/manual/U7146_U7142_U7153_custom_tune_instructions.doc

U7146/U7142/U7153 Custom tune installation instruction

Saving original backup to PC
1. Allow the Predator to save a copy of the original backup file from the PCM in the car.
2. Once the backup has been saved, connect the Predator to the PC using a straight through 9-pin serial cable, and power it up using either a 12v 1 amp power supply or the OBDII port in the vehicle if using a laptop.
3. Follow this link to download and install the DSDownloader to your computer. http://diablosport.com/CMR/software/General_Software/DS_Downloader/DSDownloader_Installer_1740.exe
4. Open the DSDownloader software.
5. Access your device manager to see what COM port the cable is assigned to and set the baud rate for that COM port to 57600.
6. Set the DSDownlaoder to the same COM port and baud rate settings. Be sure the compressed send button is not checked on the downloader tool bar..

7. From the main menu in the Predator go to options>custom tune
8. Select export tune and then original backup. You will see a window that says ‘processing’, and it will count up to 100%.
9. Now, press enter on the Predator. It will display ‘sending 0 bytes’.
10. Once you do this, press the ‘get tune file from Predator’ button on the DSDownloader.
11. A new window will open on the PC called Diablosport tool download and it will display a status bar. It should say ‘reading packet’.
12. Once the file has beed uploaded the downloader will ask if you would like to save in the .ori folder. Choose no, and direct it to save the file to your desktop or somewhere that it will be easy for you to find.
13. If you have any issues while following the steps outlined above, be sure you have all of the COM port and baud rate settings correct. If all else fails, please contact our technical support at 561-908-0040.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
.ori Huh??? Mine are .frg all of them. .ori? You sure this is diablosport software for a ford predator? I named mine my name then 1,2,3, etc. for later tweeks. So JoeblowQUD2tune1.frg, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread