Predator custom tune question.

a94cobra

Established Member
Looking at a Predator for sale that includes 8 custom tunes. Guy took it off his car and is selling it. He said it is reset or unmarried so that shouldn't be a problem. My question is, can I actually use the custom tunes he is including? Don't want to give anything extra for them if they are unsuable on my car.

I do plan to do my tuning on the dyno, but there are no local tuners to help. So this seems like it would be a good idea. With lots of tunes I should be able to get one that runs well and looks good on the dyno. I know it's not the best option, but only thing available here.

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
If you are going to tune the beast yourself, then it seems useless to get custom tunes from another car--especially if you have to pay more $$$.

Upgrade/install components, drive to the dyno never hitting boost and you should be fine. Now tune the S**t out of that ride!

That is my view................ :beer: :beer: :beer:

Gearhead-FMC

a94cobra

Established Member
I was thinking that he might have a custom tune(he has eight) that will fit my mods and I will fine tune it from there. Just didn't know if the tunes would even load into my car. Didn't know if they were car specific.

If I can't use them I don't want to pay to much for the Predator.

lucafu1

Established Member
Do you have the same computer code? That and the MAF/INJ setup will give you problems.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
lucafu1 said:
Do you have the same computer code? That and the MAF/INJ setup will give you problems.
Exactly right.... Computer code, MAF config and injectors must be the same in your car as they were in his for you to take advantage of the tunes... Not sure why he would have 8 tunes?

a94cobra

Established Member
I will check those configurations out. Other than the comp codes, it should load alright? Just might not be the best tunes.

Blaine

Established Member
Depending on what mod you have.

All predators come with a 2.8 Pulley tune and a non pulley tune already installed which will work with your car regardless.

Now if your car is heavily modded, then no, none of the tunes will work.

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
HTML:
talk to sambandit he will hook you with a Predator tune

+1

he hooked the rest of us up. Tunes do matter (computer codes, maf, etc). I picked up about 20 hp and 20tq (at the tires :rockon: ) by using a custom tune from Mile Hi instead of a moddified canned Predator tune.

a94cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys. I know getting a custom tune is the best. I just wanted to know if it was even possible for the tunes he was gonna throw in to be worth anything.

Users who are viewing this thread