Predator and 2.93 installed, slight tip in detonation.. help

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hey guys, finally bit the bullet and got my pulley.

Predator works great, car is strong as hell.

My only problem is that I have slight tip in detonation when going WOT at low RPM in 5th or 6th (more load than normal I guess). This clears up as the RPMs go up. Im gonna drive it easy in the meantime till I get it on a dyno, but I want to tweak the program a bit now to correct for this.

Do I want to add more fuel to the WOT table or pull some timing?

Thanks guys!

valdo's toy

Established Member
Same setup here plus Magnaflow's full exhaust and K&N's '03 intake and no detonation that i have notice at the time. You would not do any good working on adjustments at WOT, what you want is to work on the other loop (can't remember which one open or close is for the WOT) the one thats not for the WOT mode, and i don't exactly know if the Predator has the adjustment for that loop. Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

six speed

Established Member
Add fuel, take out timing, turn the fans on sooner should help and a low deg sat.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
what type of plugs and gap do you have in the car? I would vote for pulling a little timing if the gap is ok on the plugs

Dave

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I sat in the car after class and tweaked the program a bit.

Now that Im home, Im reading what you guys wrote.

I pulled -6% timing, didnt change the fuel. Reloaded it. Seemed to help, still have a little under those conditions. Im using the stock plugs at whatever the hell gap those factory people set it at.

Gonna prolly just drive it easy and try to get a dynotuned program loaded up into it when I get a chance.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
I sat in the car after class and tweaked the program a bit.

Now that Im home, Im reading what you guys wrote.

I pulled -6% timing, didnt change the fuel. Reloaded it. Seemed to help, still have a little under those conditions. Im using the stock plugs at whatever the hell gap those factory people set it at.

Gonna prolly just drive it easy and try to get a dynotuned program loaded up into it when I get a chance.
What kind of gas do you buy? Chevron or 76? I would go colder on the plugs while you're at it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
...snip... Im using the stock plugs at whatever the hell gap those factory people set it at.

...snip...

Get some TR6's in that thing, your problem will be gone. When I pulled out my asgf12's they were all over the place for gap 38, 42, 44, 46. Now with 0.35 NGK's on all holes and a 2.76 up front it is a different machine. Cost like $18, problem gone... car strong:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread