Pray for my Cobra!

Venomus93

Established Member
For the last 4 months ive been goin through a divorce, well its gettin to the juicy part, Property agreement! Well I bought my 93 3 years ago-while we were married. If she wants to be a real-BEEOTCH she could take it or half its value. Im not sure whats gonna happen at this point, but she has known that this is my one and only prized joy! so far shes goin for the jugular! My only luck- when i bought it from Texas, I never titled or registered it in my name here in NY! Im hoping thats enough for it to stay mine( they cant trace it to me)!! Id rather give up the house(which was/is mine) than give up my precious Cobra!!! Pray!

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
sell the car to a friend or relative for next to nothing and then split that with her lol. Have a friend that did that with his construction business. Or give it to a relative as a gift. That way its not tied to you at all

Joe

stangbear427

Established Member
My only luck- when i bought it from Texas, I never titled or registered it in my name here in NY! Im hoping thats enough for it to stay mine( they cant trace it to me)!!

huh.gif

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Um, I don't know how you never registered it, unless its a project you've never driven in 3 years. Anyway, yeah, sell it to a friend. Thats your best bet.

red95gts

Established Member
I would transfer that car into your name and then sell it to a friend for cheap. Even if you have to pay her half of it's value, go to KBB.com and get the "trade-in" value in fair condition. Half of that shouldn't be more than a couple grand...

I've been through a divorce, dont trust her at all.... It's tough to admit that your former spouse is the enemy, but she IS..... Don't leave yourself unprotected because you think you know what she will or won't do.

Best of Luck...

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
good luck brother. If it's never been titled, it's technically never been your car. Move it to a friends house and play dumb.

This is why I don't get married. Anything that bleeds for 7 days and is still alive can't be trusted.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Man divorce is stressful enough, having to have your pride and joy at risk is just way too much!

Good luck and hold on to her!!! (the car that is)

Venomus93

Established Member
Thanks guys. Another idea that came up was to buy a real wrecker of a 93 lx and use it in place of my stang. LOL, i real POS would be great!

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
good luck brother. If it's never been titled, it's technically never been your car. Move it to a friends house and play dumb.

This is why I don't get married. Anything that bleeds for 7 days and is still alive can't be trusted.

omg LOL! that is ****ing classic!!! i'll remember this the next time my gf goes ape shit on me for being "too into" my car hahahaha! :beer:

sorry for your troubles venomous93, i hope everything works out for you man...

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
hate to hear about your troubles, but I'd fly what to do by your lawyer. Most states have laws pertaining to sale of property during divorce proceedings...

lfconte

Established Member
They ALL turn into the enemy...NO SUCH THING as a "friendly" breakup ! Sell/transfer to a parent or sibling QUICKLY . Worst case, I'd hit it w/Sicilian lightning before I'd split it ! Learned the hard way.....LOL .

stangbear427

Established Member
I have many personal friends who had friendly breakups. Just because you don't know of any doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm not saying your advice is wrong, it isn't. I am saying you should be careful making blanket statements about mankind in general based on your limited experience.

Users who are viewing this thread