Pprv and ford gt pumps help

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
So I decided to do the pprv and I went ahead and changed out the cobra pumps for the ford gt pumps, I did everyone I was suppose to do as far as wiring up the gt pumps, and installing the pprv delete, now I have an issue where I blow the fuel pump fuse every time I try to prime the fuel. As in turn the key forward and back then forward again. I also have a kb bap installed did anyone have a issues like this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
well you honestly have a problem in the wiring.

did you wire the bap at the same time you did your gt pumps?

you need to reverse engineer your wiring so to say.

try pulling the fuse on the boost a pump first and see what happens. if same issue then move to fuel pumps. it sucks but you may need to drop your tank again.

the pprv will not cause you to blow fuses. so your issue lies between your bap and pumps

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
my gut feeling is that the bap is wired wrong personally but im not there to check it out.

so my guess is try the bap first

good luck and keep us updated

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
i had a shop wire up the bap. i got the car to turn on without it blowing the fuse, i drove it around and had a issue with the car idling high. then after maybe 1hr of driving it dropped to normal idle. since then i haven't had any issue with the fuse blowing. only thing now is that at higher rpms over 4k its starts to sputter. maybe there is a kink in the fuel hose. ill drop the tank tomorrow and check

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
You have a short somewhere. I would unplug any harness and test resistance between the chassis ground and any powered wire. That's the easiest way to find it. Outside of a visual check obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread