Powered subwoofer with Mach sounds system?

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
How would this work? Pardon my ignorance, but the Mach sound system on these cars confuses the hell out of me. With an aftermarket head unit, is it as simple as using the RCA outputs on the headunit or do I need to involve one or more of the stock amps in any way?

LDC2335

Established Member
lows and highs have different amps, if you wanna keep the mach system,with a stock stereo, just tap into the rear woofers(6x8's) and either go straight into the high level inputs on your amp, or into a line out convertor and then with rca's into the low inputs(rca inputs) on your amp. Easy stuff.

with a aftermarket deck, you'll need some rca splitters (2ea) because you are already using your decks rca outputs to go to the mach amps. Just put the rca splitters into the deck(rear/sub outputs), then the factory harness goes to one side of the splitters and the rca's for your powered sub go in the other side.

Hope this helps.

Mach system is one of the worst designs ever IMO, at least as far as expansion.

I rewired my whole system with an aftermarket deck, new speaker wire front to back, front and rear components and a 10" sub.. Huge improvement and not over the top.

here is the harness for the MACH system for a visual, you can see how all four of those would take up the rca's on the back of your deck, so you'll need those splitters to give you somewhere to plug in your amp's rca's.

44719378-260x260-0-0_Metra+Metra+Turbowires+70+5510+Wiring+Harness.jpg
--
37553910-260x260-0-0_Hosa+Hosa+YRA104+RCA+Male+to+Dual+RCA+Female+Y+Cab.jpg

Last edited:

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
Thanks, that def helps. I'm thinking I might want to simply plug the sub into the rear speaker outputs, cause I still have stock speakers back there and they sound like ass!

LDC2335

Established Member
you could instead, use those splitters to split front and rear instead of rear and sub.

you'll lose front/rear fade functions, but will still have left and right separation.

then you can use the rear jacks on your deck for sub only.

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
I kept the Mach460 sound system only because retaining the stock appearance of my interior is important to me. To that I added an Infinity Bass Link 10" subwoofer with internal power amp located in the trunk. The BL has provisions for input coming directly from the speaker wires so it made installation fairly simple. It actually sounds pretty good without over powering the rest of the system with too much base.

97cobra1

Established Member
There are some head units that have 3 sets of RCA's. That's what i bought, knowing i intend to expand on my stock system with sub(s) later on. I payed around 120 or 130 at bestbuy.

Users who are viewing this thread