Power steering pump to reservoir hose

96dreamer

Established Member
Does anyone know where to source this hose. It looks like ford discontinued the part number a while ago and I didn't see any aftermarket replacements on the usual sites. Doing some power steering maintenance and this hose is getting pretty hard after 27 years and ~180k miles.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
You should be able to find something that will work at a local parts store like Napa, might be hard to find a good oem one at this point.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I've looked periodically and have never found that hose anywhere. Matching something up at the parts store is probably the best bet, unfortunately.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Does anyone know where to source this hose. It looks like ford discontinued the part number a while ago and I didn't see any aftermarket replacements on the usual sites. Doing some power steering maintenance and this hose is getting pretty hard after 27 years and ~180k miles.

Type the part # into eBay and see if you get any hits - or do a generic search on "Mustang (year) power steering hose". Sometimes you'll hit it on there.

Also try reaching out to Jim D. @ PPI, he's very helpful and always has hard to find Mustang parts. Not sure if he'll have the hose, but it's worth a shot.

96dreamer

Established Member
or take the existing hose to a local hydraulic shop and have em make you one
It is the regular rubber hose from the reservoir to the pump not a pressure line
Or you can change it up to braided stainless, Russell, I think makes a kit.
The rest of the system is already braided but without drilling and tapping or welding the pump inlet there isn't a way to attach an AN line there.

Bullitt1448

Established Member

Try these

Users who are viewing this thread