Power Steering Pump Pulley

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
How the hell do you get this thing off? I have the tool and called up a garage and they said all you need to do is use it like any other power steering pulley, I told them about the allen key and they said not to worry about it.. now I have a pulley with partial lip ripped off. Now i'm pretty sure that allen key needs to come out first, but is it reverse or regular threaded? Please help please asap.

thanks,
pat

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
That allen is NOT a bolt. The pulley is PRESSED on. If you have the tool, google the intructions. It's simple but if you've never done it, it's alot to explain. Once you do it, you'll be kicking yourself in the balls for breaking the pulley :) Good luck. Maybe some nice SVTP member will chime in the instructions. Again, the allen head that you see is not a bolt that holds on the pulley.

allgo90

Established Member
its pressed on. i had to put mine in a vice then lock it and place and use the tool. i went to autozone and rented the tool for free.

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
I have the tool, I borrowed it from the garage I work at, its like a circle with a U in it that hooks around the lip on the pulley and then has a rod that you thread in to push the pulley off.. this thing didn't move a milimeter, just cracked at the lip... maybe ill try and heat it up a little, I don't know what else to do

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
no, the circle part hooks on to the lip of the front of the pulley and you thread the rod in which pushes on the center and in result pulls the circle, with the pulley, off the shaft... but... its not budging

SN_95

this hobby cost too much
Established Member
you dont hook it to the lip. it goes around the back and hooks the whole pulley. not just the lip.

Users who are viewing this thread