Power Steering Issues/?'s

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Ok I don't drive the car very often and just had the pump replaced about a month ago. Probably have less than 300 miles on it and have had no issues since it has been put on.

I keep the car in storage and went to go start it today and noticed a puddle of power steering fluid. I also noted that my reservoir was over flowing to the point where it leaked out of the reservoir. The leak from the pump was from the low pressure line not the high one. I siphoned the excess fluid and started the car and it sounds like it has a ton of air in the system..

Does anyone know why my power steering system decided to purge itself?? It had no signs of air in the system before. Could there have been air trapped inside and the cold weather make the system force out the fluid? It has been over a week since I last drove it. Since the leak is coming from the low pressure attachments I am inclined to think that there was air in the system.

Any help would be appreciated I did do a search but no one mentioned the overflow from the reservoir.

Users who are viewing this thread