Power seat issue

kreymis

Established Member
Power seat stopped working front to back. Took seat out and took apart to find stripped nylon gears at the end of the adjusting rods. My question is can I convert to manual seat? What part do I need? All the power seat parts are obsolete and I just want to drive this car. I truly don’t care about power seats anyways

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would think the tracks from a base model would work. The local junkyard will probably have a couple.

kreymis

Established Member
Yea I will call in the morning. I find it hard to believe none of the mustang part sites offer manual tracks for 99-04 considering ford doesn’t make or sell these seat parts anymore

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Yea I will call in the morning. I find it hard to believe none of the mustang part sites offer manual tracks for 99-04 considering ford doesn’t make or sell these seat parts anymore

That is surprising. Wonder if RockAuto has them. They have obscure parts at times.

kreymis

Established Member
I didn’t see anything on the rock. Now that these cars are getting older I hope we have some outlets for seat repairs because I don’t think many of us want to give up the original look

kreymis

Established Member
I ordered a set of used adjustment rods with gears. If this doesn’t work then I’m up the creek

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wouldn't think it's a high demand item just yet. Back when I played with classics I had to refurbish the ones in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread