Power rear window

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
I'm too lazy to do a search

Has anyone put a power rear window in and if so what all is needed??

I know the Harleys have them, but is it a direct swap??

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
yes is a plug and play deal, the harness for the window and the switch is already there,

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
why??? other then the coolness factor but why??? might also stop break-ins... this is interesting though how much for a kit??? let us know do a how to if you can...

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
I may be thinking a bit different about a powered rear window but are you thinking of a powered rear sliding window?

EnglishAdam

Established Member
This is interesting. We all seem to want what we do not have. :shrug:

I have the powered rear window which I find to be as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.
I would much prefer to have the one piece with the heated element.

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
This is interesting. We all seem to want what we do not have. :shrug:

Isn't that how it is with everything? :beer:

As for the window, I don't really understand the point of the power window in a regular cab. It makes sense in a supercab or supercrew, bu in a regular cab it's right behind you.

Last edited:

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member

As for the window, I don't really understand the point of the power window in a regular cab. It makes sense in a supercab or supercrew, bu in a regular cab it's right behind you.

we are american's we like the lazy way out =)

ecoastkid

Established Member
Wow...lol...To each there own, but I really could not see spending some bucks on something like this when there is always a way to spend that money to go faster..:-D

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Wow...lol...To each there own, but I really could not see spending some bucks on something like this when there is always a way to spend that money to go faster..:-D

I've spent plenty of money on go fast stuff :coolman:

BC... your block looks amazing. The pistons were huge. Your not playing around are ya?:rockon:

The stock rear slider is a piece of shit in my book, it rattles it you have subs, easy point of entry for thieves, and well I know nobody else has one around here, which is what I'm all about, I'll more than likely just go with a solid rear window, but was throwing this idea around last night

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The window itself would fit in the cab but I'm not sure that it is in fact pre wired from the switch location to the rear of the cab. I didn't remember having any extra wire connections visible when I had the harnesses out of the cab for the Dynomat install.

I think the slider would rattle from a good sub no matter if it was power or manual. Aside from never using the slider and looks the rattling was the biggest factor in me going with the solid rear glass.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member

Tell that to the guy who spent an extra 100 bucks to get a remote for his car stereo. hahahaha I had a guy try to get me to do that one time....... I was like uhhhh I think I'll just lean forward the foot and a half

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
The window itself would fit in the cab but I'm not sure that it is in fact pre wired from the switch location to the rear of the cab. I didn't remember having any extra wire connections visible when I had the harnesses out of the cab for the Dynomat install.

I think the slider would rattle from a good sub no matter if it was power or manual. Aside from never using the slider and looks the rattling was the biggest factor in me going with the solid rear glass.

Yes the wiring harness is there, the plug for the switch on the dash is behind the dash by the headlight switch, you just have to dig it out it has a red or blue cap, the plug for the rear sliding window is on the passenger side you have to take off the speaker and stick your hand in the hole is somewhere in there hold by some clips to the sheetmetal.

at least my 01 L has the wiring in there

I think Ford used the same wiring harness for all f-150's it's cheaper that way.

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The switch connector is the same harness for all of our trucks but there is a connector is the right kick panel that dead ends on my truck. If it was a SuperCrew it would have the other jumper harness. Your might have since it is a different year but mine does not.

The only problem with using the HD setup that I can see would be hiding the window motor and cables.

They are hidden behind the seats and trim for the HD. Where are you going to hide it in our trucks That looks good?

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
The switch connector is the same harness for all of our trucks but there is a connector is the right kick panel that dead ends on my truck. If it was a SuperCrew it would have the other jumper harness. Your might have since it is a different year but mine does not.

the connector on the right kick panel, I think it's for the power adjustable pedals.

The only problem with using the HD setup that I can see would be hiding the window motor and cables.

it all hides behind the factory trim. it fits on our trucks too.

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
awesome! but talking about the entire back glass rolling down :D

oh sorry you need to but a toyota or sport track to get that.:-D

why does this look kickass but exspensive

the back power sliding window is very expensive, I had my truck taken appart one day to see if all the connections where there (they where) but when I went to the dealer to get the rear window and they told me $1000 + I walk out and put everythin back, now I keep scanning the junk yards to see if I find a f-150 with the power rear slider.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread