Power Pipe??

Blown96Mystic

Established Member
I have a P1SC and i was wondering what a power pipe does, and if there is one available for my car?? I really have no clue what it does, and I would want to know what kind of numbers i would see if there is one that would work. If you guys have some pics of your power pipes id like to see those too. Thanks

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I believe the only company making one for the Procharger/Cobra is Morpheus Performance. www.morpheusperformance.com They have pictures on the site.

They are simply a cold air kit or larger inlet pipe that allows more air and cooler air to reach the blower, which in turn, makes more boost. Mine picked up about 3.5-4 PSI of boost with the power pipe. It makes a biiiig difference.

The only downside is that you have to "modify" the fenderwell hole a little bit to get it to fit. Its way worth it, though.

Expect prices for ours to be in the $150-200 range. You can also expect to pick up between 20-40 horsepower on boosted applications.

-Homer

Blown96Mystic

Established Member
thanks man. Hopefully that will be my next mod along with the instillation of my Hooker L/T's which are sitting in the garage. After that hopefully i will have around the 500rwhp area.

99cobrajms

Established Member
Western Motor Sports has one . Check both..The current P-1SC system puts a tiny filter in the engine bay. The Pipe put a larger filter in the wheel well via a larger pipe. People have seen 1-2PSI gains, Read the WMS Webpage and check out the DYNO they post for the BEFOR/AFTER their powerPipe MOD.

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/tubes.htm

I am not sure is Morpheus makes one for a Procharger. I see the other brands on the web page.

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
Morpheus makes one for the P1-SC. IUP has the prototype and as soon as I get a hold of Harold I will have the next one.

(Harold's the owner)

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I gained a little with the WMS, good enough for me... What I really like is getting the filter out of the engine bay and into the fender well where it belongs.

I just had my car re-tuned yesterday with the new 03 pumps the wms powerpipe, the pro-m univer. I did verify that I had 1psi more boost. I'm making 7psi now, with 464.5hp and 410.1tq I'm happy with my setup now. (any powpipe is better than none my.02)

Pic of my powerpipe...

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
raider187: Nice avatar. Classically simple, yet original @ the same time...

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Raider...just a question on your powerpipe. Where did u reconnect the IAT sensor that was previously on the plastic ATI inlet? Down in the fender well somewhere?

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I drilled a small hole in the rubber coupler right before the intake.

You want to measure temp as close to the intake as possibe. I have posted a pic. Make sure the hole is just big enough to fit the iat in, like a groment, and it will stay in without using any RTV sealant.

Pic
IAT_Relocate.jpg

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
I remember someone saying that about the IAT sensor being as close to intake as possible. The only problem is I can't remember why? Could u enlighten me Raider, or anyone else is welcome. Thanks!

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Yeah... You want to measure the air temp right before it goes into the engine. This allows proper a/f calibration of the computer to the air temp.

97whitecobra

Established Member
Setup looks great! So did det. speedworks do this for you and how much if you don't mind. thanks

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Thanks! :beer:

I did it all myself... Took forever, but I kinda wanted it too. I had it tuned by Jerry from Fordchip at Dyno-Dave's in Brownstown. Tune was 450 for first and 200 for additionals. It's running real good now, I'm extremely happy with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread