power options

Riskeman

Established Member
I'm about to install my pieced together vortech kit and I'm actually worried about making too much power for the 130k mile stock block on my 96 cobra.

v-1 Si trim (1150 cfm)
3.6" pulley
afm power pipe
water\meth injection
lmaf 90mm
42lb injectors
walboro 255
highflow catted h pipe
magnalow cat back
imrc deletes

This car is a daily driver and I don't beat on it daily, but it will recive the occasional flogging and a few track passes a year.

It started out going to be a purely stock kit, then I decided to get the power tube for looks. Will the powerpipe make that more boost at low boost levels?

Then when I got my blower it needed a new impeller so I got the Si trim upgrade from Vortech. This is going to make it close to a T-Trim with 1150 cfm. I really don't need the cfm but couldn't argue with the price of a new impeller and new volute for less than the cost for just replacement impellar. I can't go any larger than the 3.6 pulley. I kind of like the idea of it building boost sooner, but I don't want it to top out over 400 rwhp.

I'm going to get it tuned at SGS buy Dave Guy. If it makes too much power should I have him take out some timing, lower the rev limiter, etc?

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
keep timing low and a rich af and you should be fine. i dont see you making over 8psi with that set up. but it's in the tune and how you drive that will hurt your motor.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread