Power limit for 2010 Block

kens88gt

Established Member
Does anyone know how much power a block for a 2010 3V will reliably handle? Trying to decide to rebuild with forged internals or get a built shortblock.

tobynt

Established Member
Does anyone know how much power a block for a 2010 3V will reliably handle? Trying to decide to rebuild with forged internals or get a built shortblock.

It will handle at least 300 :D

Do you plan on a blower? If so, I wouldn't push over 10 lbs of boost and get it tuned that will keep it pulled back to about 435-450

kens88gt

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback.
I know the stock motor can handle 450'ish.
I am interested in what the block itself can handle. 600, 700 HP??

tobynt

Established Member
I should have slowed down and read the post better. Sorry about that.

I haven't heard of anyone taking the stock 4.6 3V production block to the limits. The ones we have in the 2005-2010 are aluminum blocks. So, honestly...I have no idea what the block itself could handle before it starts to come apart.

I do know that a block used in a N/A application can withstand higher numbers then a block with a supercharger or some type of forced induction. But, how much more...I have no clue.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
I've seen over 500 to the wheels with stock internals. Im sure it'd be good for at least 600-650 Built. When they do give up its not graceful though.

908ssp

Established Member
The block in a properly tuned vehicle can hold up to 1000hp.

NA cars put just as much demand on a block as supercharged for the same hp. Detonation and excessive rpm are the two biggest killers of motors.

Users who are viewing this thread