Power Issue......

Terminator03

banned
I know most threads you read with this title talk about a lack of power. This is not one of those threads. After some hearsay from a few other f-bod owners im wondering if mine is just very strong. DBK with the 02 z06 told me that my car when it was BONESTOCK was much stronger than the 03 he raced with an exhaust. I dont understand how some people can say they cant break the tires loose. With my mods right now its insane. First gear from a dead stop if you dont feather the clutch just right it will BURN all the way through. And even from a 20 MPH roll if i go WOT the tires will chirp all the way and chirp hard going into second. It kinda wierd its like i will get initial chirping through 3000 rpm and then when boost is full blast and kicking it will start chirping around 5000 rpm.

Any one else's 03 feel like this, this strong?

All i have been doing is roasting Ls-1's.... its ridiculous. I mean instantly peace 3 car lengths and going. Well... overall i am glad i got a strong 03, cause i think i had a fairly weak 99 cobra.

Oh and for the record i raced a newer C5 (to clarify C5 not Z06) with exhaust on the freeway and took him in top end no problem. Got on the ramp and as soon as he was on the freeway he hit it. I had to wait to blend into traffic so i could hit it so he already had a good 3 lengths. I got on it and just walked right up to him and then walked right past him and kept going as he turned and gives a look of disbelief. And this was a coupe, not a convertible.

I hate to say it but this car is almost making me as cocky as "most" the LS-1 drivers i see around here.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I have wondered about my power output. Have not broken the tires loose and haven't chirped em yet. Broke it in easy and changed oil at 1200 miles. Now ready to rock. We'll see. The power is so linear that it is more like jet thrust. Haven't raced anyone yet but look forward to kickin' some but.

May put it on the rollers at Kenny Brown soon.

KingKobra

Established Member
With traction control on, this cobra is a tame creature, by comparison.

But, with TC off, this bad boy reaps terror at the wheels, and I love it!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
With no mods mine feels quite strong. I've resisted the urge though to attempt to toast my tires. Although without careful clutch management I do get the "stares" from people. My car seems to want to speed. A good downshift instantly rewards me with breakaway speed. Definitely no complaints here.:D

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I had ordered a sonicblue through them #2427 but my wife one day decided that the color was not what she wanted. She convince me to call them before mine arrived and it just so happened that they had a black one show up that the owner fell out of. So I swapped my reserve order to the black one I have now.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Well this is what you missed out on

- dent in rt front fender from shipping (dime sized +paint chip)
- scratched rt front headlight- replaced
- Vibe-- see vibration posts
- 6 stalls-- seems to be cured though
- instrument backlighting died- replaced cluster

Other than that no complaints, great car thanks. Gotta go now (catching a flight out of LAX). Going to Germany for a couple weeks. Maybe we'll meet out at the next cruise or SVT gathering, cheers.
- Chris:beer:

FINICKY

Established Member
i have to say my car was feeling a little lame but then again it was like 97 degrees everyday with crazy humidity...the other night i took it out and it was like 70, man oh man did the temp make a huge difference i was actually a little scared. had to pick up a major amount of power in the cooler air.

Users who are viewing this thread