Power harness routing to starter

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Hello everyone,
Looking for a bit of help. I’m currently routing the main power harness off the battery that leads down in front of the oil pan, then routes to the starter.

I have the entire shop manual, except volume 2, which contains the diagrams I need for this.
The harness has multiple brackets, of which the first one mounts to the power steering reservoir, then as it comes down, two mount to the studs right in front of the oil pan (drivers side), the next one on the stud near the A/C compressor. Then the harness leads to another bracket (pics attached), which brings up my questions.
The bracket, last one before the final routing to the starter, it seems that it mounts to a bolt off the passengers side engine mount (pics attached), but I’m having trouble with the correct orientation.
How does it specifically mount?
It looks to mount horizontal based off of routing, but the slight curved lip on the engine mount would stop it from fully bolting on, to re-torque the bolt correctly.

The reason I ask is, all brackets line up nicely, and routed against the block right where the oil pan meets, but when the power wires get to the starter, the eyelets seem to be flipped when placing them on the studs, as well as not sitting flush. They then would very much so be laying across a header pipe.

Any help would be appreciated! Pictures attached.
-Ronald

Attachments

• IMG_9460.jpeg
    IMG_9460.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9461.jpeg
    IMG_9461.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9462.jpeg
    IMG_9462.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9463.jpeg
    IMG_9463.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 30

52merc

Established Member
I have a Ford Shop Manual on CD but it does not show how this harness is run. All the engine bay reference is from above, none below. I would have to jack up the car an crawl underneath to get some pictures. Let me know if you need that and I will provide.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
I have a Ford Shop Manual on CD but it does not show how this harness is run. All the engine bay reference is from above, none below. I would have to jack up the car a crawl underneath to get some pictures. Let me know if you need that and I will provide.
I feel bad for you even having to do that, but would be awesome! I got the starter wired and all set.
The only question is that harness bracket in pictures 1 and 2, it literally lines up perfect with the lower bolt securing the blue engine mount (picture 3). But I ask cause the little curved lip off the edge of the mount seems that it might interfere with re-securing the bolt fully to the block / mount. But angles are so tight, hard to tell unless I try it. And that’s even with a tubular front end.

-Ronald.

hotcobra03

Established Member
You may have to study the engine removal section for any photos of harness .

CD ROM version does have easy to find splice, connect ors views and location (151)pages which is a 50/50 if it has what your looking for .
On line manual is harder to find being not setup the same yet has the same information in it ,

I will send u pm on how to get into manual free .

Black Venom 99

Established Member
No. Look behind the compressor and you'll see the bracket you're asking about.
That is what I thought. But, yours has a threaded stud to go over, mine has the head of two bolts (pic three I posted), which I would have to unbolt. But, on the very borders of the engine mounts, the ends have a slightly curved lip, which may stop the bracket from sitting flush before replacing the bolt.
-Ronald.

52merc

Established Member
Here is a picture of that harness bracket from my car. It is held in place by the stud-bolt on the front of the engine mount and is in line with the oil pan. Hope this helps. It wasn't too cold today so it was no problem to jack up the car and snap this picture.

Harness Bracket.JPG

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Here is a picture of that harness bracket from my car. It is held in place by the stud-bolt on the front of the engine mount and is in line with the oil pan. Hope this helps. It wasn't too cold today so it was no problem to jack up the car and snap this picture.

View attachment 1826746
First off, I sincerely thank you for going out of your way, and jacking your car up to get this picture…if I could shake your hand through the phone I would!

That’s exactly how my bracket is positioned, but both bolts are non-studded, just like your upper one.
If I remember right, before I dropped the engine back in, and after I installed the tubular front end, I put in new engine mounts. To my knowledge, they are Ford Racing units.

Now, I have to track down the correct bolt stud / nut. And that’s with me labeling practically every bolt, nut, harness, etc during disassembly.

Thank you so much again, truly appreciated!

-Ronald.

Users who are viewing this thread