Power Gains?

rocket5979

Established Member
Ok well recently i have recieved my powerdyne xb-1a supercharger kit. well to get it to run right being that i will be running 9 lbs of boost i also got a custom burned flipchip, 90 mm MAS, already had a catback exhaust, 42 lb injectors, shift kit, and a walbro 255 lph fuel pump. All this is going onto a fuel injected 302 engine with GT-40p heads and intake (non-ported). What i want to know is will the other things besides the S/C kit itself increase my power above what the supercharger is rated or will it just allow me to take adantage of the power the S/C puts out. I have about 200 rwhp right now, and i estimated that after the S/c install with 9 lbs of boost and timing retard of 3 degrees that i should have about really close to if not a taaaaaaad over 300 rwhp. Anyone think this would be about right? I know how if you run a 9 lb pulley on a charger you will be able to see about the # as long as the belt is properly tensioned and other things are good. But if you run a power pipe then you can usually get a higher amount of boost than what was stated for that pulley because of the better flow characteristics of the pipe taking advantage of the chargers boost. So kind of taking that in context would the MAS and other things i have mentioned be able to have the same sort of effect, though maybe on a smaller level? So ami on the right track with my power gain estimations? Or what? I mean i know every engine is different and all but for a general idea i would like to know maybe what others have gotten out of a similar setup like mine. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread