Power gain from 93oct to 110 oct

Fordman302429

Established Member
Ok i am getting ready to tune my 07 shelby gt500 i have pretty much all the bolt on stuff .ok so lets just say i make 600hp on 93 where should i be at if i run 110

blackvette101

Established Member
Is the car just upper or upper/lower. Put it to you this way my brothers GT500 with just upper the car was able to take 22 degrees of timing on 93 adding race gas was pointless. These cars stop making power around 23-24 degrees. My car with a TVS @ 20 PSI picked up about 25 rwhp and 30 rwtq from the 18 degrees the car ran on 93. We put in 103 unleaded and added 5 degrees of timing and it gained 25/30 respectively. If your running an upper/lower combo on stock blower you'd be limited to about 20 degrees of timing. So putting race gas and taking it to 23 would probably add about 10 rwhp.

btw 600 with bolt ons is not guaranteed especially on 93. been there done that.

Last edited:

Fordman302429

Established Member
Ok car has upper,lower,long tubes,heat exchanger, throttle body,cold air intake, ported blower, drive shaft I was thinking of just running 110 then just for spray if i am not going to pic up that much with it on motor

blackvette101

Established Member
Ok car has upper,lower,long tubes,heat exchanger, throttle body,cold air intake, ported blower, drive shaft I was thinking of just running 110 then just for spray if i am not going to pic up that much with it on motor

if your going that route. I would just get a dedicated low psi fuel system just for the spray. Throw some C16 in there and keep your tune the same on/off spray. It gives you all the advantages of race gas with none of the drawbacks. It will be cheaper in the end plus the fuel noid can go a lot longer without a rebuild.

Fordman302429

Established Member
I actually just got rid of a stand alone fuel system i was thinking i was going to pic up alot more then 20 on motor if not i would have used it

Users who are viewing this thread