Power from Eaton M90

supercharged3.0

Established Member
Hello!
I am new here and i have some questions about my supercharger M90.
Basically, i did some custom work on my car. I have 1991 Ford Probe with 3.0 V6 engine and i put supercharger M90 from T-bird.
I can see some 5-7 PSI of boost with the stock M90 pulley on. I just wondering, what can be done to make that SC to making more boost, more power?

What about porting?
Pulleys?
How much is the MAXIMUM power of M90?
Any info, i will be glad

Last edited:

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
I belive my Roushcharger was an Eaton m90. I used the BBR pulley upgrade kit and made aroun 8-9psi. At that level however, heat became a huge issue and the blower lost efficiency. I really wouldnt push it any farther than 10psi unless you have cooling upgrades.

supercharged3.0

Established Member
I belive my Roushcharger was an Eaton m90. I used the BBR pulley upgrade kit and made aroun 8-9psi. At that level however, heat became a huge issue and the blower lost efficiency. I really wouldnt push it any farther than 10psi unless you have cooling upgrades.

what kind of cooling upgrades? Intercooler? I have it.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
The way to make a roots blower spin faster is the make the wheel that spins it smaller.

AKA smaller pulley

bigpoppa822

Established Member
Why do you have a blow off valve?

Because the M90 on T-Bird SCs has a vacuum activated bypass valve in the stock inlet and return plenums that elminates the need for one. He needs to relieve that pressure somehow.

My Thunderbird SC makes 17psi with a Generation 3 M90 (square inlet port). I hand ported it, put in GTP coated rotors and have a 10% overdrive pulley.

miguel5671

hi there

Because the M90 on T-Bird SCs has a vacuum activated bypass valve in the stock inlet and return plenums that elminates the need for one. He needs to relieve that pressure somehow.

My Thunderbird SC makes 17psi with a Generation 3 M90 (square inlet port). I hand ported it, put in GTP coated rotors and have a 10% overdrive pulley.

How did you port your m90? i have a 92 Sc
but i have an extra m90 laying around the house i want to port it and rebuild it
if you could help me out on the porting id be really thankful

Users who are viewing this thread