Power Cutout w/ Nitrous

JNY XXX

Hey All,

I recently installed a 50-shot Edelbrock dry kit on the car. Other mods include pulley, chip, intake, and catback exhaust.

When spraying, the power cuts out right around 5800rpms, lags for a second, then comes back on, only then to cut back out around 6200rpms or so.

I don't have my dyno graphs to post (but I could get those if need be), but, in comparison of a pull on spray and just a motor pull, at that 5800 mark, the line, when spraying, drops down and matches exactly the line on just the motor pull. Essentially, it looks as though there isn't any nitrous at that exact moment (i.e., 5800rpms), and, thus, the car is going on motor alone.

When that cutout occurs, the car goes pig rich, from around 12:1 to about 9.5:1.

We changed the stock spark plugs, but the cutout remains. Also, BTW, this cutout does not occur on just the motor pulls - only when I'm spraying.

Anyone else had this problem? Is a silinoid (sp?) going out or something?

2000blackone

Established Member
You said you changed the spark plugs out. What plugs are you running, and what are they gapped at? Nitrous cars are very sensitive to plugs, not to mention you have a blower AND nitrous. :)

bross03cobra

Established Member
I used the NGK tr6's and experienced the same thing....plug blowout at around the same rpm ranges. Pull them out and put the Autolite AR103's in. On a 75 shot I'm making 152 RWHP and 162RWTQ from the spray. Zero plug blowout, Zero problems period. Hope this helps you out.:)

JNY XXX

Originally posted by bross03cobra
I used the NGK tr6's and experienced the same thing....plug blowout at around the same rpm ranges. Pull them out and put the Autolite AR103's in. On a 75 shot I'm making 152 RWHP and 162RWTQ from the spray. Zero plug blowout, Zero problems period. Hope this helps you out.:)

Thanks for the tip. Those AR103s are going in. Also, your numbers (which are crazy! :eek: ) have inspired me to graduate to a 75 shot. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread