Potted eaton?

charliex2

Established Member
How much does it cost to get a stock eaton ported? How much of a difference does it make and do you have to have any supporting mods?
Is it worth It to buy a cold air intake system if I have a k&n with no box on it?

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Why wouldn't you do a search on the word 'port' or 'ported'. Don't you think you'll find much more info that way?

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
here's what I would do. Get a Posi race port and later get steigmier to instal a snake bit upgrade (assuming it's an internal Eaton gearing swap). Then you don't have to spend money on parts and labor for an upper and lower pulley, aftermarket idlers and alternator pulley set up and avoid the risk of having a lower pulley damage your crank snout.

Seems like this would be the new easiest way to make nice power. Maybe later you can add an upper pulley for more depending on how the snake bite thing works.

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
This thread made me laugh..."potted eaton?"
I'm sorry...op, there's gobs of info on this...do a search please, but to get you started...
Stage 4-5 port or posi port is about 500HP/TQ
You need bigger injectors, maf, kb BAP, and of course your pulley combo to be safe...

charliex2

Established Member
How much does it cost to get a stock eaton ported? How much of a difference does it make and do you have to have any supporting mods?
Is it worth It to buy a cold air intake system if I have a k&n with no box on it?

Ported..... Sorry I was in my iPhone and it changed it

Users who are viewing this thread