postban's hood mod

A's Cobra

Established Member
Postban,
When are you going to put your step by step hood mod procedure in the tech articles up front? You did a real good job documenting it, it's definately worthy to be up there.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I think the tape is not the best idea now. The firberglass resin and spray paint would yield a better result.

Maybe one of those similarly modded guys could take a few pics and send them to me of that process. They can either email them or upload them straight to the imagestation album themselves.

I would send it in if it was "complete" like that.

KingKobra

Established Member
postban I read that your flaps were metal. Is this true? Mine are plastic... I didn't know that the back of the flaps are attached to the vents either!!!! I thought they just clipped on all sides... so, I unclipped the front, which acts as a ramp. I guess I could fold them back until winter.

finally

Established Member
Here's what I did. I used the flexible tubing that's for covering your wiring, cost about 4 bucks at Pep Boys. Postban, love your airbox, saw the pics, do you have written instructions and a parts list to go with the pics?

coleman

Established Member
i didn't mean to start a rumor. but, postban's pictures of his hood mods appeared (to me) to be metal [ic].
it may have just been the lighting...

mine are plastic and i did just tape them back under the blanket...

KingKobra

Established Member
FINALLY, nice work. how about a closeup of this tubing stuff from pep boys. I'm interested in seeing more closely so I can pick the same stuff.

COLEMAN, I'm def going to avoid cutting my until I'm sure I have the sealing part down. Plus, It does snow on occassion in Virginia...

Oh damn! just had a thought, HOW ABOUT designing clip-on plastic flaps/covers that you can put on the TOP of the vents and remove as you wish?

Maybe I can cut the flaps off and jimmy some kinda snap-tite mod to the bottom of the flaps that you can clip to the top of the vents during snow, rain, etc... :hamster-running-in-squeeky-cage: :smmon:

Last edited:

KingKobra

Established Member
I like it. looks likes great! hmmmm Track Auto is going out of business... everything is 40% off... I bet I could score some there. Good job! :beer: thanks!

Another thing I like is the flexible tubing allows for one continious piece... and it bends and flexes with the corners!

Hunter6

Established Member
Hey finally, did you use any adhesive to hold that flexible tubing to your blanket?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
yes, how are you holding that flexing tubing in place?
please let us know
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread