post your stock 94 95 cobra times

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
in the 1/4 mile , please... I am being lauged off the internet for running a 15.6 at 89mph in mine , 3700lbs with driver 0 mods 18" saleen replicas , 5700' density altitude, and I slipped a tad off the line... :whine:
Mar1282.jpg
Mar1281.jpg
also does this wire belong to something?
whatthehell.jpg

igotyofire

Established Member
0-60 could be lower, those 18s need some sticky tires, but id say theyre defitnately not helping.

As for that clip i just checked on my 95 cobra and behind the passenger strut mount there is a black box that should be a lil bit left to where that clip is and it plugs in there, it says "EEC Test" But from the pics yours seems to be missing, ill try and snap a pic of it real fast

igotyofire

Established Member
eectest6cf.jpg

eectest29xe.jpg

Now as for what it does? pfft if i knew,lol but thats where it goes if thats the wire your referring too. It plugs into it from the bottom

95cobby

Established Member
That seems a bit low and is mainly because of your 18inch rims. Stock time in the 1/4 is 14.9 at 93mph, and I'm sure there are some better stock times out there.

94CobraPace

Established Member
That plug is the 94\95 diagnastic port for pulling codes, no tuner can work there.
I ran mine stock & ran a 14.5 in the 1/4. After a few mods & learning how to drive better I got it down to 13.9. To get good times you have to practice & drive it like you stole it.

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
igotyofire said:
eectest6cf.jpg

eectest29xe.jpg

Now as for what it does? pfft if i knew,lol but thats where it goes if thats the wire your referring too. It plugs into it from the bottom
so it does not have to have it?

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
94CobraPace said:
That plug is the 94\95 diagnastic port for pulling codes, no tuner can work there.
I ran mine stock & ran a 14.5 in the 1/4. After a few mods & learning how to drive better I got it down to 13.9. To get good times you have to practice & drive it like you stole it.
I think if I was around houston I might be around a 14.8 or something I think our air was 5700ft that day....on my 94 cobra I had it felt stronger had bolt on mods but I could never get it to run15's and my 60ft times were around 2.40? I tried the 2000rpm launch in my second race and it spun up a little but my 60ft went down barely, I think with better air and tires I can get her in the 14's ?

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
here is a list of things I did to it just to make it run better.
plugs
all cats are gone
no tailpipes....lol
9mm fms wires
cap rotor and fuel filter
it still was running sluggish as hell getting 10mpg only has 68k miles, and the last thing I did before the track was bumped thi timming up just a notch and it feels way better and even with my track racing it got 16mpg....?

epracmetcon

Established Member
14.6 at 97mph with a 2.2 60 time :burnout:

Then with a non functional traction loc, drag radials, and a catback. I went 14.70 at 96mph with a 2.45 60ft time :cuss:

Last edited:

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
well it seems Im 8 tenths off just about what I was thinking it might be, I dont think my 150lb speaker box is helping my et either, also I had to back my timming off a tad cause my temp guage and my speedo where climbing almost the same speed....lol

95cobra68camaro

Established Member
i no of a kid personaly who went 14.3 100% bone stock, with an RPM extender, 3.73's and fullexhuast with a CAI and thorttle body the car went a best of 13.20's on a radial, my cobra is pretty much stock and i dont think it will go that fast but i have seen it myself go that fast 100% stock

94CobraPace

Established Member
If you are only getting 10 mpg, then something is wrong..., you should be able to get over 20 mpg on the hiway. Have you checked for codes? Might want to clean the maf meter. How many miles on the O2 sensors?

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
94CobraPace said:
If you are only getting 10 mpg, then something is wrong..., you should be able to get over 20 mpg on the hiway. Have you checked for codes? Might want to clean the maf meter. How many miles on the O2 sensors?
im sure the 02 sensors have 68k miles on them the spark plugs and other crap had never been changed .... it is now getting like 16mpg in mixed driving? I think a 15.6 is not that far off I have seen so many cars here do poor numbers , my 94 v6 ran a best of 17.4 at 78mph so are we saying that my cobra is suposed to be more than 2 full secon ds faster than that car, with only 75 hp more? the 2003 cobra I raced ran a best of 12.87? at 110mph and it has mods , a 2005 gt ran a 14.4 at 97 mph and a bone stock 2002 gt vert auto was at 16.2 at 88mph , I know my driving lack of skill is costing me like 3 tenths at least, but I dont think the 95 cobra here bone stock will do a 14 .5 as ford advertised ? in houston or dallas sure but im up here at 3281 ft.... anyone know that correction formula?

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
well I tried to launch a little harder and it all went up in smoke 3 times first 2500....lol then 2000 rpm and then 1500 rpm , these street 18" tires suck balls, weird thing is my 1000 ft somehow went down 7 tenths on the slip on the left and still ran the same exact 1/4 mile time and speed as my last pass with a 13.003 1000"? :bs:
track.jpg
I even let my tire pressure down to 25lbs...

Last edited:

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
well I got some bfg drag radials and now have a best time not to brag about but its getting better... it was 83º and da was 5700' :rolling: and I replaced the o2 sensors :lol:
track2.gif
da.jpg
;-)

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Without your cats and tailpipes you have lost back preasure, thus lost torque. The 5.0 engine needs the back preasure to create the torque unless you get it breathing better with larger heads. I recommend you get some FRPP shorty headers, a 2 1/2" catted X-Pipe & catback, and CAI. With thos basic bolt ons you should run in the low 14's. If you don't have a CAI yet, your GT40 intake is not really able to breath.
stacy532 said:
here is a list of things I did to it just to make it run better.
plugs
all cats are gone
no tailpipes....lol
9mm fms wires
cap rotor and fuel filter
it still was running sluggish as hell getting 10mpg only has 68k miles, and the last thing I did before the track was bumped thi timming up just a notch and it feels way better and even with my track racing it got 16mpg....?

ForcFed93

Established Member
I think your biggest problem is your altitude. The car is probably running just fine, with the exception of the gas mileage issue. But sea level people just sometimes don't understand how much elevation kills a cars performance. Notice how the 04 GTO with is rated to run times similar to the Mach 1 only ran a 14.6 at 96? Thats telling a story right there. Good times man. Bring it down to sea level and hope for 13's.

Users who are viewing this thread