Post Up Your Pics of Convertible Trunks

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Was wondering what you guys had for stereos and anything else in your trunks. I want to build a custom box this spring for my convertible but I am not a fan of the whole thing of displaying of the audio in the trunk. I have in the past and I am past that 'phase' now. I just want to maybe get 1 12" in there somewhere. I would like to hide as much as I can but still try to have it take up as little room as possible.

I have heard of people having subs in their spare tire well or in other areas. I have consulted 2 installers who are friends of mine for ideas and we have come up with a few ideas but they are still just ideas.

Post up pics of what you have!!

Ratchet

Established Member
Was wondering what you guys had for stereos and anything else in your trunks. I want to build a custom box this spring for my convertible but I am not a fan of the whole thing of displaying of the audio in the trunk. I have in the past and I am past that 'phase' now. I just want to maybe get 1 12" in there somewhere. I would like to hide as much as I can but still try to have it take up as little room as possible.

I have heard of people having subs in their spare tire well or in other areas. I have consulted 2 installers who are friends of mine for ideas and we have come up with a few ideas but they are still just ideas.

Post up pics of what you have!!
I'll look for pics of mine. My Sub, amp, filter and mix board are all hidden. :beer:

Ratchet

Established Member
Found one from about 3 years ago. Nothing much has changed...
Killers002.jpg
:beer:

Ratchet

Established Member
Thanks. There are covers for everything, the sub cover has invisible holes in it to let some pressure or whatever out...lol There is still room to use the trunk, it comes up a couple inches below the level of the bumper. I still fit my California duster, detailing kit, soft cooler bag and a couple lawn chairs in there for shows. :beer:

Oh and I believe that is a 12" sub.... not really a stereo guy at all. I think the sub is to big and don't really like the huge bass it puts out. Keep meaning to change it up but other things that I need dome more keep coming up..lol

Last edited:

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Thanks. There are covers for everything, the sub cover has invisible holes in it to let some pressure or whatever out...lol There is still room to use the trunk, it comes up a couple inches below the level of the bumper. I still fit my California duster, detailing kit, soft cooler bag and a couple lawn chairs in there for shows. :beer:

Oh and I believe that is a 12" sub.... not really a stereo guy at all. I think the sub is to big and don't really like the huge bass it puts out. Keep meaning to change it up but other things that I need dome more keep coming up..lol

Ohh ok, Yeah I am looking to get just one 12 in there and the amp. This doesn't intrude on the top coming down or anything?

So your saying that it comes up about 5 inches higher than the old floor? And do you have a spare tire in there still?

Ratchet

Established Member
Ohh ok, Yeah I am looking to get just one 12 in there and the amp. This doesn't intrude on the top coming down or anything?

So your saying that it comes up about 5 inches higher than the old floor? And do you have a spare tire in there still?

No spare tire. There is an MDF frame that builds a false floor. Around the framing joints everything is foamed where it comes down to the actual trunk and where there spare tire well used to be. Then it was carpeted and the another frame built around the components to lay the cover on. The cover is 4 pieces and shaped to fit the inside contours on the trunk. It has no effect on the operation the the top, as there is a small back panel for it and the top comes down in behind that panel and a lil bit on top of it. Never had an issue with the operation of the top before. When my back gets better I will go take the top panels out and take some pics of how it is set up for you.

Last edited:

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
No spare tire. There is an MDF frame that builds a false floor. Around the framing joints everything is foamed where it comes down to the actual trunk and where there spare tire well used to be. Then it was carpeted and the another frame built around the components to lay the cover on. The cover is 4 pieces and shaped to fit the inside contours on the trunk. It has no effect on the operation the the top, as there is a small back panel for it and the top comes down in behind that panel and a lil bit on top of it. Never had an issue with the operation of the top before. When my back gets better I will go take the top panels out and take some pics of how it is set up for you.

That would be great if you can snap some pics when you are feeling better. I am going to maybe be doing it in the spring so i have time. I am really looking for something that doesnt make the tiny trunk tinier....

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Not the trunk but same idea you are going with...i personally need my trunk but not the back seats...here ya go.

jennyboomncobra7.jpg

jennyboomncobra6.jpg

before the cobra was added

jetswin4.jpg

rsdkit13.jpg

bass gain control in glove box

rsdkit8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread