Post up your HID conversions!

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I try and get some this weekend. I have 6000K in my GT.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
:sleeping::sleeping: my pictures suck, but there bright =] i can see pretty good @ night time.

5K on projectors
IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

RoadRasch

Established Member
100_1195.gif
100_1196.gif
i use to have the silver star bulbs. took the picture right before the sun went down. bought hid kit for $120 with overnight shipping included. 6k 25 watt. i want maybe the 10k bulbs though or the 50 watt

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
this is when i had just 10k lows, before i sold the car i had the lows and 10k yellow fogs... everyone said that it is the brightest thing they've ever seen! I loved it!!!!

redfire007.jpg

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
I no nothing about HIDS. Are they just the bulbs that you get? Where do you get them from and how much do they cost???:shrug:

bubbrubb

great f'ing thread

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mrii52281/100_1195.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mrii52281/100_1196.jpg i use to have the silver star bulbs. took the picture right before the sun went down. bought hid kit for $120 with overnight shipping included. 6k 25 watt. i want maybe the 10k bulbs though or the 50 watt

Well, you guys just sold me on buying some 6k for my headlights and fogs

Can we use our factory headlights or do we have to get new headlights w/ projector bulbs? (I haven't seen ones that I like as much as the factory housings though)

vertigyn

Established Member
REAL HID kits will have bulbs and ballasts. No ballast = fake HIDs. I paid $350 total for mine (1 kit for the headlights - low beam only - and 1 kit for the fog lights). Mine were plug and play - just had to drill screws in to mount the ballasts behind the bumper.

vertigyn

Established Member
Well, you guys just sold me on buying some 6k for my headlights and fogs

Can we use our factory headlights or do we have to get new headlights w/ projector bulbs? (I haven't seen ones that I like as much as the factory housings though)

I kept my factory housing as did all the other's that I know with HIDs.

bubbrubb

REAL HID kits will have bulbs and ballasts. No ballast = fake HIDs. I paid $350 total for mine (1 kit for the headlights - low beam only - and 1 kit for the fog lights). Mine were plug and play - just had to drill screws in to mount the ballasts behind the bumper.
sweet, I'm sure that the beam pattern isn't all that great with the stock reflector housings rather than a true projector, but its nothing I can get in trouble with from cops is it?

what website do you recommend buying from?

Last edited by a moderator:

wwmost

Established Member
just aim them down a little bit. 90 percent of the people on the road wont even notice if you aim them right and im sure the cops arent looking for "illegal lights"......

and i have 8k stangmods kits. go to stangmods.com and buy their kit. easiest kit to isntalled plus with a warrenty on everything. great people also. there is a discount code somewhere. i believe its StangNet

vertigyn

Established Member
Couldn't tell ya where to buy from...got mine from a guy that only does local. No problems with my beam projection and police issues. Just some people high beam me...

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I no nothing about HIDS. Are they just the bulbs that you get? Where do you get them from and how much do they cost???:shrug:

They are all over Ebay and most kits can be purchased for around $100 - $150 shipped on Ebay. Just pay attention the user ratings and user comments. I have never had problems with the kits that I bought from Ebay but stangmods.com is another great site if you are willing to pay a little more. Their shipping will probably be faster and you will gte better customer service if something goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread