post PICS of your NOTCHBACKs!!

FiveSpeed

Established Member
Are you talking about the 17" wheels/tires or the 15"? Actually, I think they were 275's on both. I love those M/T DR's though. I'm waiting for some 315's to come in for my Cobra!

15's, sorry. It looks like they both had the same size tire so I didn't bother on which rim. Those m/t dr's look uber sexy. I'm planning on going with that exact tire.. how are they in light rain if you ever experienced it?

Heard I can just flip the quad's to fit a 275 width tire... this correct?

Cheers! :beer:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
If it is a very light you'll be fine (like a mist or the pavement just being wet) but if there are puddles anywhere be very careful. I never really even had any close calls in the rain in mine but with that said I probably only got caught in the rain a couple times with those tires. But I've heard plenty of people who do use them as DD tires warn of the same things.

Flipping the quads might work with the 17" wheel/tire combo but I think with the 15" one there might just be too much sidewall flex (ie when you are turning or the back in jumps around a bit they'll probably rub, if you can get them on there at all). Personally, I would just remove the quads all together and get yourself a nice set of shocks and you'll never know the difference. I had Lakewood 70/30's on mine I think along with Eibach drag springs w/ the airbag in the right rear and it was nice. I later upgraded to Maximum Motorsports LCA's.

Good luck!

longrodLX

Established Member
If it is a very light you'll be fine (like a mist or the pavement just being wet) but if there are puddles anywhere be very careful. I never really even had any close calls in the rain in mine but with that said I probably only got caught in the rain a couple times with those tires. But I've heard plenty of people who do use them as DD tires warn of the same things.

Flipping the quads might work with the 17" wheel/tire combo but I think with the 15" one there might just be too much sidewall flex (ie when you are turning or the back in jumps around a bit they'll probably rub, if you can get them on there at all). Personally, I would just remove the quads all together and get yourself a nice set of shocks and you'll never know the difference. I had Lakewood 70/30's on mine I think along with Eibach drag springs w/ the airbag in the right rear and it was nice. I later upgraded to Maximum Motorsports LCA's.

Good luck!

can you post pictures of your 03 please?:beer:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
can you post pictures of your 03 please?:beer:

Well it doesn't really fit into the "Notchback Photos" theme but I will include one of both so that at least there is a Foxbody in the pic. :) Other than that I'll photo whore a few, lol:

IMG_1814.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

IMG_2016-1.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

Somebody elses car that I photochopped to Teal so I could see what a set of the BBS RK Plasmas would look like (I love these wheels!)-
BBSRKPlasmasonTeal.jpg

And the good old engine (about to have a nice big black blower placed on top of it soon :pepper:)-
IMG_2134.jpg

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
that car is awesome. It would look sweet with some polished CCW classics. if you dont mind me asking what did the teal paint run you? it looks great.

what did you use for 5 lug conversion on the fox?>

Teal Terminator

Established Member
CCW's would look nice but they are pricey. I really want some of those BBS wheels but they don't make the 18x10's any more so you have to wait for a used set to pop up for sale and when they do people either want a fortune for them or they are gone ASAP.

I don't know if you mean how much did paint cost me (b/c I painted the Notchback) or how much it cost to have painted. But the guy I bought the car from, who did the swap, actually painted this car. He's done paint for something like 20 years. And maybe you don't know this but by the "swap" I mean this car is technically by the VIN an '01 V6 but EVERYTHING was swapped over and then I've had the motor built and modded it. All I painted on this one are the valve covers and the CAI.

And as far as the swap on the Notch I used 94/95 spindles and then Mach I (same as Cobra just not painted red) brake setup in the front. The rear I juse swapped the stock 4 lug axles out with a set of FMS 5 lug axles and then put Aerostar or the equivalent 5 lug drums on it. I had planned on doing a disc coversion in the rear but never got around to it.

To the original poster, sorry to get so far off topic. We can take this to PM if need be.

Thanks,
Ryan

jessie jaramill

Established Member
i want to fit 275 m/t on my notch , car has eaibach springs also rear is sn95 with disk ,does anybody now if 15x9 will work but what backspacing , any help would be good

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
i want to fit 275 m/t on my notch , car has eaibach springs also rear is sn95 with disk ,does anybody now if 15x9 will work but what backspacing , any help would be good

im running a 275/60/15 with a 15x9.25 rear wheels. I think the backspace was 6".. Here's a pic that shows the thickness..

DSC02382.jpg

Teal Terminator

Established Member
You've got Mach 1 quarter windows on your Terminator.... Sweet.

Yes I do! :) I think you are the first person to ever notice that without me telling them. It is a very subtle difference though and one I like. Probably takes a Mach I owner, such as yourself, to pick up on it.

G-STANG

Established Member
Nice coupe 5liter. I have a twin to that car minus all the power windows, mirrors & cruise control. Only options I have are lumbar seats, and a/c.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Nice coupe 5liter. I have a twin to that car minus all the power windows, mirrors & cruise control. Only options I have are lumbar seats, and a/c.

Thanks. Post up pics of yours. I would love to see the option delete interior too.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread