Post Pics of Your First House!!

727Cobra

Established Member
I wish we had the time to get a loan to have had a house built. Land down here is getting cheaper but we were rushing to make the deadline for the first time home buyer credit. We picked up the house above for 180k and it is a 2100sf, 4bd, 2.5br house with almost 1/3 an acre.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Yeah, our area really took off during the housing boom 5-6 years back, so we had to 'pay to stay.' My family and my wife's family are all local, and we both had good jobs when we got married, so here we are. We're happy with everything, just amazing to see what less money can get you in different parts of the country.

727Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, our area really took off during the housing boom 5-6 years back, so we had to 'pay to stay.' My family and my wife's family are all local, and we both had good jobs when we got married, so here we are. We're happy with everything, just amazing to see what less money can get you in different parts of the country.

Agreed!!!!

GM Nitemare

Established Member
First home in Texas. I let it go during my divorce, then my ex-wife foreclosed on it :(

fronthome.jpg

Really nice house. Too bad you lost it. What was that worth?

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Makes me sick what ya'll are able to get for the money. I live in Chesapeake, VA and paid $260k almost 4 years ago for a single story ranch, ~1700 SF (not including FROG), single car garage, built in '72. We've put about $40k into it (windows, hardwood floors, new kitchen, new guest bathroom, paint, etc.) since we bought it and are proud of the upgrades, just no pics on my work comp. In the process of refinancing for a lower interest rate, just hoping the house has at minimum held it's value since 2007 so we can proceed.

Man I dont even want to tell you what we are getting this house for (im the op). We rushed into this because of the deal we are getting and with both of us on teachers salaries we did not expect this at all (16k sq ft lot, 2.3k sq ft enclosed). We got 4% fixed rate financing and first time home buyers benefits on a ready to move in foreclosure. In 2007 the previouse owner paid 347k and let me tell you we are paying a good amount less. A few years ago my wife and I (when we were engaged and I was still in college) never thought we would be able to buy a house in Maryland because of the market. But now prices are getting pretty low.

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Man I dont even want to tell you what we are getting this house for (im the op). We rushed into this because of the deal we are getting and with both of us on teachers salaries we did not expect this at all (16k sq ft lot, 2.3k sq ft enclosed). We got 4% fixed rate financing and first time home buyers benefits on a ready to move in foreclosure. In 2007 the previouse owner paid 347k. 4 years ago when she just started teaching and I was still in school with us engaged we thought we would never be able to afford any house. Oh have times changed in Maryland.

yeah the market has definately changed. good for us first time home buyers. I live in an expensive part of the country and in 2006 the previous owners paid near $450k for my house. Two years later when I bought I paid almost exactly half of that. :rockon:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Damn man, for 3K sqft @ 219 on what seems to be a decent lot thats a steal!

It was a great price. Stainless applicances, in ground sprinkler system, lots of nice stuff. It was about ~22 miles south of downtown Austin off I-35 in Kyle, so prices were more reasonable if you didn't mind a commute.

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Working on this one currently. Bought a townhouse in January (no pics), but my baby is due in about a week. Wife and I wanted a more permanent home that is more long term (town house was investment solely).

This will be our first actual "house" if all goes as planned. 7800 sq feet, 4 car garage, 20 foot vaulted ceilings, .52 acre lot in a prime neighborhood about 5 minutes from where I grew up.

The past two years have been a wild ride, but things have changed remarkebly since last i've been around. Hah. I'll try and keep updates on here of the progress.

l629dd642-m0s.jpg

JL-KA

Established Member
This just makes me sad. That 219k house would be at least 800k here. You can't get a decent house here for less than 400k. It will be 5+ years before we have enough for 20% down on a halfway decent house in the bay. Either that or we'll have to move out of the bay and my wife will have to commute 1-2hrs to work every day.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
yeah the market has definately changed. good for us first time home buyers. I live in an expensive part of the country and in 2006 the previous owners paid near $450k for my house. Two years later when I bought I paid almost exactly half of that. :rockon:

Hell yea man!! We are waiting for the appraisal to see if we are going to start out with as much equity as expected. There are houses in the area that are around the same size and condition being sold for around 280k by the owners. So we are hoping to clean up on some equity. I love your setup though man. We looked at a few designs like your house and I was amazed as to how space efficient the design is inside. You must be sitting pretty good in profitability with your house too:beer:

Bad2000z, your setup is sweet!

Tommyhil5_0, just rediculous lol.

Hotrod93, Thats one of the coolest designs I have seen yet.

Users who are viewing this thread