Established Member
Er, Ok :shrug:

Theharley009.jpg

Hog001.gif

6de30168.gif

DSCF0506.gif

EnglishAdam

Established Member
Thanks but there's tons of nice ones out there.
It just takes a bit of regular looking after to keep it looking good.
The leather in these does seem to dry out pretty quickly and crack if it's not condtioned on a regular basis. I don't think that the fact that the leather is black does it any favours as it absorbs the heat from sunlight and any cracks show up pretty easily.
As you can see though, I have my tint set to "Pimptastic" levels of darkness to avoid this. :-D
When I was searching for an HD, I looked at 5 before I stumbled across this one. Interior condition was a big factor for me.
I bought it from an old guy who hardly used it and obviously had it detailed regularly. :thumbsup:

More pics you say?

On the dyno.

Dyno012.jpg

untitled.gif

At the strip

Cars137.gif

This baby is NOT babied

Cars109.gif

Wax on - Wax off

DSCF0521.gif

20b7ff63.gif

Last edited:

EnglishAdam

Established Member
Sharp looking truck there. :beer:

Houston, you say? That's where I was last year with mine before I brought it back to England.
You might not recognise it but that 1st pic at the strip is at Lone Star Raceway out in Sealy and the night picture is at HRP.

Last edited:

ninee3cobra

#2088 Snake
Established Member
EnglishAdam said:
Sharp looking truck there. :beer:

Houston, you say? That's where I was last year with mine before I brought it back to England.
You might not recognise it but that 1st pic at the strip is at Lone Star Raceway out in Sealy and the night picture is at HRP.

thanks man your HD looks awesome, so are you from here by any chance?

EnglishAdam

Established Member
No, I'm from England but I work in the Oil Industry.
I lived and worked in Houston from Feb 2004 to Oct 2005.
I bought the HD up in Dallas and when the company I was working for transferred me back to England, I shipped the HD over too.

I don't know if your old man is into the shows and get togethers but check this thread out on the NHTOC http://www.nhtoc.net/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=68

It's for a Houston get together for HD's. They are a good bunch of guys.

Also, when I was there I joined the Houston Area Lightning Owners club who also accepts HD's. Another great bunch of people

http://www.haloclub.com/

Hcraig20

Englishadam your truck looks great and I see u have a significant amount of horsepower added to it...I was wondering what modifications you've made to your engine.

EnglishAdam

Established Member
I think that Dyno sheet is a bit bogus.
It was a Hoffman electric dyno and it does a kind of funky neutral/coast down routine to calculate the hp figure back to the crank. It is similar to a Mustang Dyno.
In my opinion, that figure shown (HP) is too high.

If you look at the figure for rear wheel HP, it is just over 350 HP.
That's with an Xcal2 tune, Airforce One CAI, TR6's and a Metco 6lb lower pulley.
If you figure in the accepted 20% drivetrain losses, that would put the crank figure somewhere near the 440/450 hp mark which is probably more accurate.
The factory figure for the HD is 340 hp at the crank so my mods add up to approx 100 hp extra.

Users who are viewing this thread