Post Pics of H&R Race Springs

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
I have used the search function and it was a bit useful, but not for the exact setup I was looking for.:shrug:

Please post up your H&R Race setup, I'm really looking for cars with 17x10.5's in the rear with a 285 or a 315....but all pics would be very helpful. I cannot figure out which isolators to go with, thinking stock ones!!

Thanks in advance!:beer:

SVTPaul

Established Member
I just switched from H&R Sports with no upper isos to H&R Race with stock upper and lower isos this past week. The car was VERY low to start with (no wheel gap at all with minimal ground clearance) and road kinda soft especially considering how low it was. I'm running 315's on 17x10.5's in the rear and I was getting rubbing on the rear fenderwell lips and occasional scraping. I like the feel and ride of the Race springs A LOT more. They are stiffer, I no longer have any rubbing or scraping and handling is definitely better. It did look a little high to me at first but I was used to the car sitting so low. Personally I think it is perfect for my driving conditions (some roads around here are far from ideal). I like the look but would not want any higher.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and send then to you since I don't think I can post pics on here yet. Just PM me with your email address.

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
SVTPaul said:
I just switched from H&R Sports with no upper isos to H&R Race with stock upper and lower isos this past week. The car was VERY low to start with (no wheel gap at all with minimal ground clearance) and road kinda soft especially considering how low it was. I'm running 315's on 17x10.5's in the rear and I was getting rubbing on the rear fenderwell lips and occasional scraping. I like the feel and ride of the Race springs A LOT more. They are stiffer, I no longer have any rubbing or scraping and handling is definitely better. It did look a little high to me at first but I was used to the car sitting so low. Personally I think it is perfect for my driving conditions (some roads around here are far from ideal). I like the look but would not want any higher.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and send then to you since I don't think I can post pics on here yet. Just PM me with your email address.

Hey thanks a lot....if you don't mind me asking what tires are you running in the rear and what mods did you have to do ie..IRS bolt, spacers, both..ect.
I ordered the race springs with mm poly iso's, but they are not going on...do believe I will stay stock iso's or maybe no iso's. And I bought the 17x10's so I will be running a 315..probably the BFG's.
Thanks,
James

Lances03GT

Has a Cobra now
Established Member
H&R Race spring's........
p1010021newtint4og0.jpg

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I have the H&R race springs with the MM isolators. As you can tell my car sits up higher than lances as I think he has the stock or no Iso's at all. i am getting ready to remove my iso's and not run any since my car is a show car i really like the lower look without the iso's.

03Cobra2a.jpg

passsidesunny4_.jpg

passsidesunny2_.jpg

nightshotdriverside_.jpg

Quick Strike

Established Member
Here is mine with the H&R race springs for the coupe and MM isolators at all four corners (H&R does not make a separate race spring for the vert):

13913181041.jpg

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help.
I think it's going to be the stock iso's for me...just looks friggin mean IMO
Does anyone have stock iso's in rear and no iso's up front?
Do you get any "noise" from the front?

Thanks a lot everyone...you all have some bad a$$ rides!!

Users who are viewing this thread