Post Pics and driving impressions of your GT500

cmb570

Established Member
IMG_0292_zps4f68999c.jpg

IMG_0291_zps096437a6.jpg

IMAG0970_zpsa6df9989.jpg

UOP Shadow

Established Member
Getting ready for another 10 hours in the 13. It amazes me how comfortable this car is for a long haul. I'm glad this car has cruise control because it's so well mannered that you could be cruising along and look down to see triple digits on the speedo thinking you're only driving 65.

Hendo741

Established Member
I've owned my '12 GT500 for a little over 2 months now (2 months and 2 days to be exact). Bought her back in mid april with only 6800 miles. Here's a pic:

X8J770k.jpg

So in that time the mileage is now well over 11,000 and took her autocrossing last weekend. Here's a run:

[video=youtube;IdT2aFIHEJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdT2aFIHEJA[/video]

I continue to be surprised at a number of things about the Shelby. First is how mild mannered the car is when driven normally. It doesn't feel like a 500+ hp muscle car around town until you want it to, at which point it is a monster! Second is how well the car handles. I come from the hills of WV and took the Shelby back a few weeks ago. I was expecting to constantly be fighting the back wheels to stay planted and the handling to be terrible. What I learned was that after the initial body roll, the car sticks and corners nicely.

I come from the import 4 banger community having owned a 02 Sentra SE-R, an 03 EVO 8, and a modified 13 WRX. I was quite worried that I would be disappointed in the car and my decision to trade my WRX in on it. Let me say that I am not, AT ALL! The car is a blast, and although doesn't inspire confidence the way the EVO or WRX did, It can handle the twisties all the same.

I plan to continue to do autocross and am already planning a tire/suspension set up with my sights set on putting the hurt to some Corvettes.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
My first manual, 18k. on it. Sticks like glue on heavy turns, 1-2 could def be improved as the trans almost seems to make you want to yank it into that gear vs the NAG-1 auto 5-speed I had in the Challenger, and you could slap it into 1st @ 35-40mph, ain't no manual though, but on the Shelby ever other gear is fine. Other than that I'm addicted. The super-charger whine is amazing, I just hope Ford is as mod-friendly as my experience with Dodge\Chevrolet.
My old ride vs new....
28s0n4l.jpg
2rruqko.jpg
4v45k1.jpg

SRT without question turns more heads, only enthusiasts recognize the Shelby\Cobra. I love the power\handling and of course upgrade ability of the Shelby but I miss the looks the Challenger had throw-back wise, heads would always turn.

No question about the as well, GT-500 SVT I trust more at high speeds\turns\everything, handles way better, and you can upgrade it out the wazoo, but I miss just being able to cruise by and heads turn. The SRT pulls those looks without you having to try. I do miss that factor.

I'm a sucker for retro and I wish Ford would at least make a model of the Mustang that was performance oriented and also, retro-designed, 71 was just BEAST look wise.

Last edited:

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Hi All

I have a 2014. I seem to be having issues with loading pics. Same pics load at all the other sites.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Here is mine!
2lxjv2u.jpg

20p6kco.jpg

Impressions...well I came from a Challenger SRT. GT-500 = every bump is brutal, forget going over them going 20mph, lol. A ton more power, feels a lot more agile, but rear-seats, forget it, might as well be a Vett. Scary powerful and capable though, makes my Challenger feel like a toy though it was one big ass cruiser with a lovely engine. This isn't a cruiser with power on tap, it is a bruiser, every bump is felt unlike the Challenger, and it def makes the driver be more tied into the vehicle. I do miss the sheer size and space, and comfortable ride the Challenger had though, and in SRT-trim it would ALWAYS turn heads, but the GT-500 is just a rush every time you punch it, once people see the Cobra, they understand what they are messing with :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread