Post one newer pic of your 99/01 Cobra (EVERYONE!!!)

Let's get a poll going...?

Votes: 65 91.5%
  • Thread

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

angeljoelv

Established Member
It has an 03 bumper but its a 99 cobra

IMG-20160530-WA0015-1_zpshu6veher.jpg

TheGateKeeper

Established Member
I picked this up about a week ago. About to start my journey of increasing power.
13241375_10154843310429027_5704360505433651303_n_zpsijjmdwmk.jpg

I just got done rebuilding my 01 Vert. Fully built Teksid car. With the ported heads, intake and long tubes she's making around 400hp. Trapping 109mph and weighing 3660. Lol. Wish it were a hard top but still love the NA car. PM me if you need anything for it. I've got a lot of extra stuff off of it.

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
I picked up this 99 last week and it's my first Cobra. As of now it's bone stock other than a shifter, but I plan to change that soon.

20160930_154410_zpszymaynlf.jpg

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I picked up this 99 last week and it's my first Cobra. As of now it's bone stock other than a shifter, but I plan to change that soon.

20160930_154410_zpszymaynlf.jpg

Good looking car.

Should verify it was updated from Ford on the horsepower recall. I think the recall included re flashing the computer, new upper air intake, exhaust system and idler pulley change. If done, the idler puller may be black powder coated ( original was aluminum, non powder coated), upper air intake replaced (may have a color marker "dot" on intake edge of red, yellow or green...I think), exhaust replaced and computer re-flashed for additional horsepower gain. There may be a sticker on the hood underside or or fan shroud.

The cars were at first were showing to be underpowered at the rear wheels in '99/'00 due to the miscalculated drivetrain loss with the IRS.

I had a '99 I had to do the recall on when it was new.

Geoff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
Good looking car.

Should verify it was updated from Ford on the horsepower recall. I think the recall included re flashing the computer, new upper air intake, exhaust system and idler pulley change. If done, the idler puller may be black powder coated ( original was aluminum, non powder coated), upper air intake replaced (may have a color marker "dot" on intake edge of red, yellow or green...I think), exhaust replaced and computer re-flashed for additional horsepower gain. There may be a sticker on the hood underside or or fan shroud.

The cars were at first were showing to be underpowered at the rear wheels in '99/'00 due to the miscalculated drivetrain loss with the IRS.

I had a '99 I had to do the recall on when it was new.

Geoff

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the car and see if any of those things jump out at me. Oasis shows the Performance Update Recall 99B27 on 09-FEB-00 though.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
That's the recall number now that You printed it. I think the upgrade created around 340 hp at the flywheel for around 280 at the rear wheels. Have fun upgrading from there.

Users who are viewing this thread