Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the last time Shelby had the front splitters in stock was last November, i don't understand why they don't stock them more often

Cause they don't want people like you parading around with it looking like a fake wanna be Super Snake knock off

Steve whats happening is alot ppl are optioning to be put on the email waiting list
so most are gone before they even hit the shelves.

I'm on 4 different email lists with SAI.
Including #86 for a Signature Series build

I have one brand new one sitting in the box. The one that is currently on the car is not in to bad of shape as most of the small rock chips are on the bottom of the splitter and are hard to see unless you really look hard enough. They will not stay perfect if you actually drive the car and thats why im personally not to concerned about it being perfect. The heat exchanger worries me more than the chin splitter. Yes.....i have a spare one of those too.......expensive. Damn thing sucks air like a jet and with rocks popping up.......man its a gamble not getting a leak after every cruise. First thing I look at after I get home....lol.

Dumb question, I grew up in Wisconisn and it wasn't until I moved to Georgia and paid attention to my car. Do you think there is more FOD and debris on the roads up north due to winter de-icing and sand put down versus the south, like GA or FL?

Or is it simply probably budget and who actually cleans their streets.
I know darn well your roads aren't as smooth as us down here though. I visit my family up north cant even drink a damn cup of coffee without burning my damn self

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
That aint no regular 500... good Lord that thing DEMANDS people point and drool over it!

Holy cow what a sexy bitch.
Thank you @gimmie11s for the kind remarks. I still have not seen a SS in person except for the one I own so I do understand how rare it is too see one because I'd get just as excited if I seen another one. I agree with @2011 gtcs... its the widebody kit that really draws the curiosity.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Cause they don't want people like you parading around with it looking like a fake wanna be Super Snake knock off

Dumb question, I grew up in Wisconisn and it wasn't until I moved to Georgia and paid attention to my car. Do you think there is more FOD and debris on the roads up north due to winter de-icing and sand put down versus the south, like GA or FL?

I know darn well your roads aren't as smooth as us down here though. I visit my family up north cant even drink a damn cup of coffee without burning my damn self
Peter.....you are being ornery again. Bad day at the office....:ROFLMAO: I waited 3-4 months before I was sent an email that a splitter was available from SAI. Second.......@2011 gtcs has a beautiful Shelby GT500 that SAI would be proud to put there part on...Third....roads are bumpy but clean...it's the damn semi trucks that are the issue. Debris falling off them.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Peter.....you are being ornery again. Bad day at the office.... I waited 3-4 months before I was sent an email that a splitter was available from SAI. Second.......@2011 gtcs has a beautiful Shelby GT500 that SAI would be proud to put there part on...Third....roads are bumpy but clean...it's the damn semi trucks that are the issue. Debris falling off them.
No such thing as a "bad day at the office" when you work from home and so does your wife. Lol

I actually make sure shes over achieving with her employer, so I can slack off in the garage and imagine what new installed parts will look like on my fake super snake.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

@1Kona_Venom i just want to be one of the cool kids lol. @Vinnie_B maybe I need to email SAI parts directly and ask about the splitters
Peter.....you are being ornery again. Bad day at the office....:ROFLMAO: I waited 3-4 months before I was sent an email that a splitter was available from SAI. Second.......@2011 gtcs has a beautiful Shelby GT500 that SAI would be proud to put there part on...Third....roads are bumpy but clean...it's the damn semi trucks that are the issue. Debris falling off them.
You're always to kind @Vinnie_B, but I appreciate it
And she still sounds nasty

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
It's only fake if it were passed off as a CSM car !!

I remember driving it home from Ocala FL to Savannah, and was literally cringing because it had the Super Snake wing badge and script on the lower rocker panel.

Stopped for gas once and parked as far away from anyone just so I wouldn't have to explain that it wasn't a SS

Than of course, in SVTP style, a thread blew up over misbadging cars etc. Shitshow thread

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not to familiar with the SS due to them being out of my price range, however what size are the wheels? They’re like 20x12 right?
  • Rear quarter panels (adds 6” of width to the rearend)
  • Designed for: Rear 20” x 13” wheels
  • Designed for: Rear 345/30/ZR20 tires

• Front quarter panels (adds 3” width to the frontend)
  • Designed for: Front 20” x 9.5” wheels
  • Designed for: Front 275/35/R20 tires

Custom wheels to fit the widebody

LS WUT

Established Member
  • Rear quarter panels (adds 6” of width to the rearend)
  • Designed for: Rear 20” x 13” wheels
  • Designed for: Rear 345/30/ZR20 tires

• Front quarter panels (adds 3” width to the frontend)
  • Designed for: Front 20” x 9.5” wheels
  • Designed for: Front 275/35/R20 tires

Custom wheels to fit the widebody

Awesome Vinnie, thanks as always for your knowledge!

Long way down the road. I found the body kit for around $7,500 or so. As stated before it’s gonna take a long time for me to gain trust for a body shop to cut my car to do such a thing.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome Vinnie, thanks as always for your knowledge!

Long way down the road. I found the body kit for around $7,500 or so. As stated before it’s gonna take a long time for me to gain trust for a body shop to cut my car to do such a thing.
I dont blame you! If I ever have to send mine out to have a repair or work done too the widebody kit, I would seriously consider these guys......

Users who are viewing this thread