Possibly moving to Tampa soon!!! Need help finding apartment..

rmgtc01

Established Member
Hey guys,

I don't want to jump the gun and jinx myself, but I might have a job soon in the Tampa area. Possible slightly north of the Airport or about 15 mins. east. of it. I have always lived in Florida, (Orlando, Ft. Walton Bch, Melbourne, Jupiter/West Palm, and Ft. Lauderdale.) so it is nice to be able to stay.

I need some help in locating a good place to live in the area. It is just going to be me and I don't want to pay over 1k, but around 700-800 would be cool. I like newer more upscale (nicer) places within a low crime area, and a garage in case I still have the snake. I guess that is what most people look for and try to stay within a budget. I hope some places have deals going on.

I visit there all the time, so I know it is nice. Any other info on what it is like to live there would be great. I know traffic sucks just like anywhere in south. FL, but I am also looking to buy a house next year if things go well. Not sure what the best bang for the buck areas are. (I hear Brandon area? not sure).

I am looking forward to seeing what the local stang scene is like. I might not be driving to aggressively for a while until I visit Sam again after watching all of those HAVOC videos!

Please come in a drop some info. or let me know if anyone needs a roomate.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Hyde Park is nice but kinda on the expensive side. You also might want to check out some apartments around CarrolWood. Theres also a ton of nice apartments in North Tampa off of Bruce B Downs.

FlTireGuy

Established Member
There are some really nice new apts. on SR56, near Bruce B Downs.. 2 minutes form I-75... I think it's called Arlington...

Also, there are some decent, newer apts (1-2 yrs old) in Land O Lakes @ Collier & SR54...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Lakeland is big. There are crappy areas and there are good areas. But Lakeland isnt real close to the airport. Brandon is closer than Lakeland and it is nicer. Plus there are tons of luxury, upscale apartments that are gated with plus, gyms, garages, washer and dryer, etc. Most of them for a 1 bdr are in the $750-850 range.

Last edited:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Cool. I like Brandon from being there to visit friends. Depending on what happens I could be anywhere from just north of the airport to near polk county.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
With the highspeed lane of the crosstown almost complete, getting from Brandon into Tampa will be a breeze.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Yeah, I currently live in Lakeland. Some parts are great and others..well....just keep your doors locked. As said above north Tampa or Brandon would be a god choice.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I am over here right now until tomorrow. I am going to go around and find some good priced places. If I worked in Mulberry for this one job, would lakeland or Brandon be better?

Users who are viewing this thread