Possible vacuum problem?

Ryan427

Established Member
I have a 2000 gt with a 78mm BBK throttle body/ upper plenum. My issue is that at idle and just about any another time I'm starting to accelerate my gas pedal seems to have a catch in it. Like it's stuck on something for just the first half inch of pedal sweep. I have checked my pedal and it works fine no catching. The thing that makes me think it's vacuum is that the catch issue goes away when the motor is turned off. It does the same thing when I do it by hand at the throttle blade. Anybody have this issue or have any ideas of a fix? Thanks ahead of time

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
try taking off the TB and cleaning it. i used to have issues with a BBK sticking due to grime/grease/build up over long periods of time. used pcv cleaner and a rag and cleaned it up and reinstalled it. worked fine after that until it gummed up again.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Its pretty much getting wedged due to crap buildup. Older accufab's had this issue and I think the newer ones have a very slight recess or something cut into it so it won't hang up anymore.

Ryan427

Established Member
It's funny because I have only had the throttle body on for 2000 miles tops. Kinda frustrating that it's gummed up already

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Users who are viewing this thread