Possible rear control arm problem

HISSN

Established Member
i installed 10.5 wheels on the rear and removed my quads. after that i get a slight vibration and knocking sound when i first start moving. I'm pretty sure i need better rear control arms, but don't know if i need upper or lower or both? Your help would be much appreciated!!!

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
The quad shocks help stabilize the rear axle on a stock Mustang, you can do without them if you have the following lower control arms or panhard

For the rear lower control arms go with the Global West lower GW TBF1 control arms or Ford Motor Sports # M5649G they are both the same, you will not need uppers. These are the best!

The rear lower control arms are designed as a factory replacement unit. They are intended for applications that require the utmost control. Drag racing, road racing, autocross, and street performance cars will benefit

They both utilize spherical aircraft bearings
and DEL-A-LUM (pronounced della-loom) Bushings to control
rear end lateral movement as well as fore and aft location.

They allow full rear end articulation without bind, making them
superior over any polyurethane based control arm.
They also eliminate the need for a panhard rod because lateral
location is already provided by our unique control arm design
Not cheap…About 275 for the lower control arms, but well worth it…..I have them on mine

tbf-1.jpg

My 02

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
OCSnk said:
The quad shocks help stabilize the rear axle on a stock Mustang, you can do without them if you have the following lower control arms or panhard

For the rear lower control arms go with the Global West lower GW TBF1 control arms or Ford Motor Sports # M5649G they are both the same, you will not need uppers. These are the best!

The rear lower control arms are designed as a factory replacement unit. They are intended for applications that require the utmost control. Drag racing, road racing, autocross, and street performance cars will benefit

They both utilize spherical aircraft bearings
and DEL-A-LUM (pronounced della-loom) Bushings to control
rear end lateral movement as well as fore and aft location.

They allow full rear end articulation without bind, making them
superior over any polyurethane based control arm.
They also eliminate the need for a panhard rod because lateral
location is already provided by our unique control arm design
Not cheap…About 275 for the lower control arms, but well worth it…..I have them on mine

tbf-1.jpg

My 02
OCSnk is pretty much on the money here. Be sure you get a lower control arm with a 3 piece urethane bushing. If not they will created bind in a tight corner and cause more problems. The lower arms are for forward motion in keeping the axle still and the upper arms are for side to side motion control. You will have a bit harsher ride with the urethane bushings, but not too bad. If it's not a daily driver, it's worth the trade off to get the rear to hookup better. I went with Steeda's and they were $249 for the aluminum lowers. Oh and you don't have to remove your quad shocks for 10.5" wheels. I have them and have not problems with rubbing onthe quads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread