Possible race w/ a S/C'd BMW

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I was at my local radio station, KROQ, with my friend who was picking up some stuff he won. When we were leaving, I saw the producer of the morning show leaving at the same time in his big ass truck. I know he's a car guy so I floored it as I left, making the MagnaPaks roar. He caught up at the next light, and the following conversation ensued:

Him: Okay, it's loud, but is it fast?

Me: 460 to the wheels. (That's my est. w/ the RR pulley)

Him: I've got a BMW that I'm supercharging.

Me: An M3?

Him: No, a 540. I think it can take you.

Me: I don't think so.

I e-mailed him a challenge when I got home. I hope he responds. I'd love to run him when his car is done.

So, I checked it out, and here it goes:

4.4L DOHC V8

HP=290 TQ=324, both at the crank.

Weight=3748 lbs.

On the Bimmer forums, I saw that a s/c should pick him up about 100 hp.

I'm pretty sure I can take him. Any thoughts?

03DOHC

Established Member
Weight's the same and you have more power. You should take him.:thumbsup:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
you should be able to take him. BMW drivers are of a special breed. They believe that the ultimate driving machine is the ultimate racing machine as well. The 540 is, in the end, a luxury commuter. Kick his ass and show him the error of his ways.

Venomous Mofo

You have a major advantage over him... Tuning. Tuning a supercharged BMW is like tuning a honda civic with 25 psi and a stock computer :lol1:

I would call Kevin and Bean and get that smack down held on the show. Tell him i got a truck that will put the hurt on him pretty bad as well.:burnout:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous Prick
You have a major advantage over him... Tuning. Tuning a supercharged BMW is like tuning a honda civic with 25 psi and a stock computer :lol1:

I would call Kevin and Bean and get that smack down held on the show. Tell him i got a truck that will put the hurt on him pretty bad as well.:burnout:

I tried to get in on the "What's your deal?" this morning, but Dave "the King of Mexico" said Lightning went on vacation as of yesterday.:bash: So, now I've gotta wait until he gets back next week.

I really wonder how much power he'll be making. This guy loves modifying vehicles, and I think he makes pretty damn good money on the show. I can't wait.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Get that clutch adjustment dialed in perfectly ahead of time and you will own him...:burnout:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
Get that clutch adjustment dialed in perfectly ahead of time and you will own him...:burnout:

Oh to add to Cam's Post.....loss some weight as well. That should help off the line.

;-)

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
special breed...I'll second that and add....

- they think they are superior to non BMW owners, ever notice how the cars seem
to come from the factory with disabled blinkers?

- They also always seem to be the one's in a rush and like to cut people off.

- They don't get out of your way if they are
driving slow in the fast lane!!!:cuss:

maybe it's just me..

Let him see your taillights :cuss: , at least the next time a bimmer is a jerk on the road, I can smile knowing you kicked butt!

Pyro

Established Member
2.90 Pulley and 4.10 gears????? You should take him no problem!! I've driven an M5 and they are fast but the Cobra (stock) is faster. Now put a supercharger on the a regular 5 series and put a pulley/chip/gears and the rest of your mods on the Cobra and the beating is probably going to get worse for the 5 series. Hopefully, he wont blow his engine and the tons of $$ he put into it. With the money you put into your mods, he could probably only get a few BMW brand screws, wires, and maybe an airfilter!

Orange Poison

Established Member
We '03 Cobra owners should do like the old World War II planes used to do....instead of having Japanese rising suns.....we should have BMW emblems on the side of our fenders or something to represent all the BMW Kills...

six speed

Established Member
I don't know but I race a m5 2nd and little of third my back brakes were draging I just had new pads put on the left was really on fire I had to put it on by blowing on it. Ok long story the m5 was a tie with the back brakes on, but I would of thought I could of beat him with brakes on that's why I race him the cars do run good. Like venomous said turning a bmw might be real hard I don't know but if it is turn good he might give you a good race. Every body knows alot of boost and fuel will just about make anything run it just may not run for long.

Users who are viewing this thread